By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First week Killzone 2 sales surpass Halo 3's first week in EU?

Fernando said:
Please... don't start this again.

Remember when GT5: P had also "sold 1 million copies" before it was released?

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2008/03/15/gran-turismo-5-prologue-pre-orders-reach-1-million-in-europe-alo/

It's the exact same situation... that time, GT5 did not sold 1 million... not even in the first mont. It sold 380k first week.

The 1 million thing is just stores who ordered the game, not from consumers.

So 400k first week for killzone 2 confirmed, than.

Around the Network

For once I agree with Fernando!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
For once I agree with Fernando!

me too, i need a shower.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
kutasek said:
Fernando said:
Please... don't start this again.

Remember when GT5: P had also "sold 1 million copies" before it was released?

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2008/03/15/gran-turismo-5-prologue-pre-orders-reach-1-million-in-europe-alo/

It's the exact same situation... that time, GT5 did not sold 1 million... not even in the first mont. It sold 380k first week.

The 1 million thing is just stores who ordered the game, not from consumers.

So 400k first week for killzone 2 confirmed, than.

Probably, yeah. If I remember correctly, MGS 4 also sold around 450k in its first week in others.

i wish it would but i dout it. it will sell well no dout:) it will contine to sell as the install base increases.

Around the Network

mmm i dont know about that to be honest. but what i do know is that i am going to contribute to whatever number it gets for the first day sales

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

gundamx said:
i wish it would but i dout it. it will sell well no dout:) it will contine to sell as the install base increases.

I mean, there's had to be some kind high number of pre-orders, to make retailers wanting to pre-order on such a scale.

kutasek said:
gundamx said:

I mean, there's had to be some kind high number of pre-orders, to make retailers wanting to pre-order on such a scale.

Not that I think the 2 are comparable but Too Human got 1 Million + Pre orders.

seece said:
kutasek said:
gundamx said:

Not that I think the 2 are comparable but Too Human got 1 Million + Pre orders.

I think, that it may had that, number, but the reviews came out and many people cancled pre-orders.

I think it is possible given the PS3's larger userbase.

This is the most hyped PS3 game ever. It exists to shift systems. It is Sony's supposed example of the glaring and inarguable difference between the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

This is it folks, the game, as far as Sony is concerned for 2009 outside of Japan.

If it doesn't outsell Halo 3 in Others, you better hope it comes close.