By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
RCTjunkie said:
Christian.
and SamuelRSmith, couldn't you say the same thing about Atheism? ;)

Yes, you could... which was my point entirely.

Around the Network
JGarret said:
I never understood the concept that, this God being so perfect and all, wouldn´t have known there would be the 'fall of man' and the whole *** that would result from it.

If God (the one in the Bible) is the truly omnipotent know-it-all entity, wouldn´t it have been foreseen?....even so, creates man knowing how things would go?...It sounds like a game and we´re chess pieces.

Or is it something far more complicated than that?

Damn, there are so many unanswered question, so much darkness (even for those who claim to have 'seen the light')..we´re all left out in the dark.. just wondering this, that, if, when, what, how, etc...

People are born, grow a conciousness, then they either believe purely on faith or are condemned forever?...Sounds like a game, and you´re part of it whether you want it or not.

Would man's fall been forseen by an omnipotent God? Yes, most likely. However, put yourself in God's shoes for a moment:

Your an omnipotent being, in control of all space, time, matter, ect. Yet you are the only thing that exists. So what are your options?

1) Create a robotic race of people with no free will, forced to serve you for the most part

2) Create a race of beings that do have free will, and can, and may decide to desert you, but some have a relationship with you entirely out of choice.

What would you choose? In the Bible's case, God chose both. But I look at it this way: What were his options? If he had the ability to exist and have some sort of feelings (as the Bible says he does have feelings, and is sentient), then he should also know the feeling of boredom, and relationships - to which the human race was created for - a relationship with God. Of course, according to the Bible, we decided to screw that up pretty quickly. But nevertheless, I believe that God took the risk of us becoming traitors in favor of us also having free will.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Put me down for Rastafahrian, Satanism and Snake Summonor... oh and of course I whoreship the mighty Rah... gotta be save... 

agnostic/athiest

I follow the religion of Beer

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Put me down for catholic

www.jamesvandermemes.com

I'm a Catholic man aswell :)

Bump! Could we complete this poll, or I mean get SciFiBoy to fill in as more members reply their faith/religion.

I think this poll is interesting, and the more statistics the better.

Atheist. I doubt that god exists because of all the destruction in the world and i beleive in the evidence of science and evolution.

I also would be interessted in seeing the results of this. I think Atheism will be the most popular "belief"