By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ganondorf VS sephiroth

zexen_lowe said:
Sephiroth easily, he's way more interesting than Ganondorf, he has a better motive, backstory, and he looks and acts cooler anyways. Plus, he has one of the best final battle songs ever (OWA).

What he said.

Around the Network
Tbone said:
zexen_lowe said:
Sephiroth easily, he's way more interesting than Ganondorf, he has a better motive, backstory, and he looks and acts cooler anyways. Plus, he has one of the best final battle songs ever (OWA).

What he said.

Dude, wat?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Kasz216 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Kasz216 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Senlis said:

I like Sephiroth as the mysterious villian. It's funny that so many people like him even though he got so little screen time in the game.

I would have to say that Kefka was a better villian than Sephiroth. Kefka was a more original type villian, and had a lot more screen time.

More original my ass! Apparently you have not heard of a well known villain called the joker.

Sephiroth is more of a Manson kinda guy.

OT: SEPHIROTH!!!!

Kefka was nothing like the Joker...

Not even emperor Joker

maniacle laugh? Check!

No real purpose to be evil, just is?Check!

Wears clown make?Double Check!

Wow... that not only shows a complete lack of understanding of the Kefka... but a complete lack of understanding of the Joker.

Where did you get your idea of the joker? 

The latest Batman movie?

Uh..no. The joker is a villain without a actual purpose, he just wants to see the world burn. This has always been the Jokers persona. Have you not heard of the multiple comics detailing the Joker's back story? They all conflict with each other, the same way he contradicted his stories in the new movie. This is nothing new. Kefka definitely had no real purpose as a villain. Yea, magic poinsoning blah blah. The guy is still criminally insane to the point of no return.

I am not saying Sephiroth is original either. His mother issues surely bring back memories of PSYCHO. He also has a certain calm motif about him that reminds me of Manson.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

SHMUPGurus said:
Tbone said:
zexen_lowe said:

What he said.

Dude, wat?

I must have missed that Zelda.

Still, as you know, shmup, Gangsta Rap is not something I associate to coolness

"The wind... it is... blowing..."

Around the Network

sephiroth got owned by a by cloud who is the worst character in RPG history and ganondorf got owned by link who has to save the world cause he is "the chosen one", so both villians suck storywise, as for power ganodorf is stronger seing as who he never seems to die completly.

forevercloud3000 said:
Kasz216 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Kasz216 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Senlis said:

I like Sephiroth as the mysterious villian. It's funny that so many people like him even though he got so little screen time in the game.

I would have to say that Kefka was a better villian than Sephiroth. Kefka was a more original type villian, and had a lot more screen time.

More original my ass! Apparently you have not heard of a well known villain called the joker.

Sephiroth is more of a Manson kinda guy.

OT: SEPHIROTH!!!!

Kefka was nothing like the Joker...

Not even emperor Joker

maniacle laugh? Check!

No real purpose to be evil, just is?Check!

Wears clown make?Double Check!

Wow... that not only shows a complete lack of understanding of the Kefka... but a complete lack of understanding of the Joker.

Where did you get your idea of the joker? 

The latest Batman movie?

Uh..no. The joker is a villain without a actual purpose, he just wants to see the world burn. This has always been the Jokers persona. Have you not heard of the multiple comics detailing the Joker's back story? They all conflict with each other, the same way he contradicted his stories in the new movie. This is nothing new. Kefka definitely had no real purpose as a villain. Yea, magic poinsoning blah blah. The guy is still criminally insane to the point of no return.

I am not saying Sephiroth is original either. His mother issues surely bring back memories of PSYCHO. He also has a certain calm motif about him that reminds me of Manson.

That's the thing though.  The Joker does have a point... a very real point.

His conflicting back stories are what show that point.

See the "Emperor Joker" storyline.

Then compare Kefka and what he does with the power of the statues.

Kefka believes life is meaningless because everyone who lives will die, and everything built will be destoryed.  He is a nihilist.

He can't see any good in the world and any reason for living, or for anyone living... and it angers him that other people are "stupid" enough to be happy and to live when he knows that everything ends, and at the end of the day, nothing you do matters.  He wants to end everything to end everything now.  Rather then having to wait for the world to continue on.

The closest comic book comparison is early Thanos.  Before Thanos got the back story that he fell in love with Death.

Kefka has a very philosphical reason for him wanting to destroy everything.

Smeags said:

"The wind... it is... blowing..."

Hah... Well done.

I was actually going to do a

"The answer my friend... Is blowing in the wind" and a windwaker picture..

That wasn't a very good idea, and now it just seems like a rip-off from you.

... Okay, I admit it. I thought of that after I saw your post :/ And it wasn't really a good idea anyway. :)

On topic:

I'm going to say Ganondorf, but this thread is really a second "who would win in a fight? Link or Kratos?"

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

@Oyv

Heh, Ganondorf has some great quotes in Wind Waker. As a villain, he really seems to be fleshed out in the game, which is part of the reason why Wind Waker holds a place in my top games of all time. He's definitely my favorite video game villain of all time, due to his nature (I hold the point of view that he's more evil than Majora) and the fantastic battles that ensue (we've discussed this before ).

As for the quotes, here's one of my favorites (after the fantastic "wind" quote):

Do you sleep still? Wait! Do not be so hasty, boy... I can see this girl's dreams... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans as far as the eye can see. They are vast seas... None can swim across them... They yield no fish to catch... What did the King of Hyrule say?... That the gods sealed Hyrule away? And they left behind people who would one day awaken Hyrule?

How ridiculous... So many pathetic creatures, scattered across a handful of islands, drifting on this sea like fallen leaves on a forgotten pool... What they can possibly hope to achieve? Don't you see? All of you...

Your gods destroyed you!

I have been waiting for you, boy. For one like you... Yes... For the hero. Do not betray my expectations.

Dang... I need to replay The Wind Waker

Too bad my disc got stolen (on an airplane, along with all my other GC games... Got way too much money back for them though :D)

I want a Wiimake Wind Waker on Wii.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS