By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Whats Nintendo gonna do about the Wii? Without any big or important SW coming up for the next few months I dont think it will go anywhere but down. Maybe its time for a pricecut or time to announce and release something big soon, or sales will reach their all time low on a time of the year where they shouldnt.

In some weeks Wii could be below the 20k range for the first time ever and that would be atrocious. In fact this week HD consoles sold more than the Wii, and that didnt happen in a long time.

Around the Network

Only Nintendo can save the Japanese market. They must be working on something!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Sales this week last year

PS3 Sold 40k meaning a drop of 23k. DOWN 57%

Wii sold 98k meaning a drop of 74k. DOWN 75%

360 sold 6k meaning a increase of 1k. UP 16%

PSP sold 70k meaning a drop of 26k. DOWN 37%

DS sold 68k meaning a drop of 1k. DOWN 1.4%

PS2 sold 12k meaning a drop of 6k. DOWN 50%

So have to sort of laugh at the Sony fanboys saying it is a good week when the PS3 dropped nearly 60%, PSP down almost 40% and PS2 down 50%.
If the sales total was 1 unit for the week they would say what a great week it was :)

On another note Wii fall is epic

Hyruken said:
Sales this week last year

PS3 Sold 40k meaning a drop of 23k. DOWN 57%

Wii sold 98k meaning a drop of 74k. DOWN 75%

360 sold 6k meaning a increase of 1k. UP 16%

PSP sold 70k meaning a drop of 26k. DOWN 37%

DS sold 68k meaning a drop of 1k. DOWN 1.4%

PS2 sold 12k meaning a drop of 6k. DOWN 50%

So have to sort of laugh at the Sony fanboys saying it is a good week when the PS3 dropped nearly 60%, PSP down almost 40% and PS2 down 50%.
If the sales total was 1 unit for the week they would say what a great week it was :)

On another note Wii fall is epic

Wasn't there a DMC4 bundle released during that week last year, which boosted the PS3 number abnormally high?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

@hyruken

DMC4 & SSBB came out this week last year

puh-lease

don't even try to flame PSWii

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@hyruken

puh-lease

So your saying that accounts for a 75% Wii and almost 60% PS3 drop? Sorry but that is just stupid, the thing that makes it seem even worse is that the drop did not effect the other console that had DMC4. The 360 game was 7th in the charts that week and it didnt drop.....

The drop is persistent with every other weeks numbers. I guess no games for all those weeks where to blame to right?

The PS3 sales as well as the Wii's has been down every week this year by around the same margin regardless of games.

But nice try at running damage control :)

ps3 holding up well and wii droping some more. the wii is on track to dip below 10k. just like i predicted

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Soriku said:
Hyruken said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@hyruken

puh-lease

So your saying that accounts for a 75% Wii and almost 60% PS3 drop? Sorry but that is just stupid, the thing that makes it seem even worse is that the drop did not effect the other console that had DMC4. The 360 game was 7th in the charts that week and it didnt drop.....

The drop is persistent with every other weeks numbers. I guess no games for all those weeks where to blame to right?

The PS3 sales as well as the Wii's has been down every week this year by around the same margin regardless of games.

You do realize those games are really big? SSBB even moreso. The fact that nothing significant came out WOULD make them drop that much. You clearly underestimate how much impact big games have.

Damage control? Ha, before you start calling that, maybe you should use more sense.

Use a bit more sense?!

So let me get this straight right. For the past 5 weeks the sales year over year for pretty much all formats have been down and down a lot. In fact combined they are down over half a million on the same period last year. That drop is accountable to the fact there is no DMC4 or SSMBB this year? So the trend that has continued for months with vast % drops does not count this week because there were no SSMB or DMC4? What about all the other weeks then?

Sorry mate but that makes you sound slightly retarded or something. trends don't just stop because of a few games, especially not 60% or 75% drops. Think it is you that needs to use a bit more sense.

Hyruken said:
Soriku said:
Hyruken said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@hyruken

puh-lease

You do realize those games are really big? SSBB even moreso. The fact that nothing significant came out WOULD make them drop that much. You clearly underestimate how much impact big games have.

Damage control? Ha, before you start calling that, maybe you should use more sense.

Use a bit more sense?!

So let me get this straight right. For the past 5 weeks the sales year over year for pretty much all formats have been down and down a lot. In fact combined they are down over half a million on the same period last year. That drop is accountable to the fact there is no DMC4 or SSMBB this year? So the trend that has continued for months with vast % drops does not count this week because there were no SSMB or DMC4? What about all the other weeks then?

Sorry mate but that makes you sound slightly retarded or something. trends don't just stop because of a few games, especially not 60% or 75% drops. Think it is you that needs to use a bit more sense.

We are totally not in a recession...

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

DaveD said:
Hyruken said:
Soriku said:
Hyruken said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@hyruken

puh-lease

Use a bit more sense?!

We are totally not in a recession...

There are lots of factors why the sales are down. The money situation in the world is a key one.

The sales are down consistently with what we have been seeing for ages. To try and justify them with 2 games not being out is just laughable.