By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
d21lewis said:
Gilgamesh said:

I went from having no job, to have one job, then two jobs and now two jobs and taking a 3rd one temporarily from time to time. I don't even want all this work, I don't need the money, people just keep asking me to do work for them and I guess I just have a problem saying no to people :l

I got a job for ya, if you know what I mean!

My car is filthy.  I need someone to wash it.

Your in luck, cleaning pussy is my specialty ;)

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
d21lewis said:
Gilgamesh said:

I went from having no job, to have one job, then two jobs and now two jobs and taking a 3rd one temporarily from time to time. I don't even want all this work, I don't need the money, people just keep asking me to do work for them and I guess I just have a problem saying no to people :l

Is "Car" slang for "Pussy"?  You kids and your expressions!

I had a debate with a guy at uni today who claimed that because video games apparently activate the same synapses in the brain that gambling and playing the stock market do, that children are at risk of being socially isolated and run the risk of becoming psychopaths.

When I questioned his cause-and-effect theory (and suggested that maybe certain (reclusive/socially shy people are just more likely to want to play games than go outside, and asked if the book was written by someone who had ever actually played a video game in their life), he bitched at me for trying to pick holes in the book he read this in. Of course I wanna pick holes in it, that's what scientists do!

Plus, I've been a gamer since I was 4 and I'm a fairly balanced, happy person. A bit shy but I was always shy, even as a wee kid. I got kinda annoyed at him, but refused to back down and he thinks my addiction has made me not see sense.

I mean, I read a lot as a child, because my parents didn't want me spending unhealthy amounts of time in front of a screen (but too much of ANYTHING is bad for you). I played outside too, I did well in school, I ate all my vegetables. I grew up and preferred quiet nights in to going out and being "social" (getting shitfaced) throughout uni. Which is more harmful to society, do you think? I'm sure more offences are committed by folk under the influence than by "impressionable" gamers. Gaming, like reading and writing the kids stories and poetry that I have, has engaged me in worlds it will never be possible for me to explore, expanding my imagination and even encouraging me to be more resilient - if you can't do something first time round, do it again and again until you can.

There's more to gaming than "immediate reward for repetitive mindless actions". And I'll be the first to defend that.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
d21lewis said:
Gilgamesh said:
d21lewis said:
Gilgamesh said:

Is "Car" slang for "Pussy"?  You kids and your expressions!

oh I thought you wrote cat... :l

Cell phone died for absolutely no reason, yesterday. Lost so much personal stuff. Got to keep my pics/music/contacts but damn. So many texts, memos, and other quirky stuff. My new phone is better but I wish I could get my stuff back.

Droid 2 to Droid 4, btw.

Around the Network

I won't make a thread because I'm not in the mood for the fallout. I just have to say that Tomb Raider is the best looking game I have ever played. I don't imagine even Gears, God of War, or The Last of Us topping this one. It is insane!

I don't like people, seriously.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

I'm leaving for a semester in Japan in a few weeks. Just starting to hit me that I'll be gone for 4 months from everything at home I care about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Mass Effect 2. Y U NO let me have Kaidan back? :c

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.