By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Wars demo impressions

As much as I wanted to love it, my hands kept screaming for a mouse. There will be a PC version too, right?

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
As much as I wanted to love it, my hands kept screaming for a mouse. There will be a PC version too, right?

Their stance is that it is not out of the question, but there are currently no plans for a pc version. One of the Halo Studio guys said that it would be weird on pc due to the streamlining for consoles.

Demo was awesome. I was slightly worried that it wouldn't deliver but boy did it. I got to play 2 amazing demos today for Halo Wars and KZ2. Its a great day to be a gamer. Hopefully more people who weren't sure about this will play the demo cause it definatley sold me.

How did they manage the typical mouse actions? I'm really curious to see how they handled that. Anyone? :)

BenVTrigger said:
Demo was awesome. I was slightly worried that it wouldn't deliver but boy did it. I got to play 2 amazing demos today for Halo Wars and KZ2. Its a great day to be a gamer. Hopefully more people who weren't sure about this will play the demo cause it definatley sold me.

go ps360!!!

Around the Network

Whoa, the download speed just cranked up. Will be done any second now.

Shit looks tight son!

I just got through with the campaign and a game of skirmish on Normal. It was way too easy on Normal, will try putting it on Heroic later. So far, the controls have been more than adequate for me to play. Easy to select units, easy to build things, easy to use the special abilities. Graphics are decent, the cgi is excellent(the characters are a little stiff though). All around, it was very fun. I could see myself burning away my free time with skirmishes online and off.

Good to hear no one is disappointed. I'm so exited to play it myself next week (only silver-but I have the great Lost Odessey to bridge the time gap:).

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

Ok, my take here:
1. Definitely seems action/arcade focused more than your usual RTS.
2. LOTS of polish and production value. Looks like it is on the right path for a console RTS, but interface questions I have may prevent Halo Wars from causing a cross over from PC to consoles for the RTS genre.
3. I have some interface questions I will ask here:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=59554

Please feel free to answer. Curious about the interface and how to do waypoints and so on.