By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii game budgets 1/4 of HD budgets according to EA

LordTheNightKnight said:
Some Wii games can go out of control, but they would take some really specific conditions, like whatever got Shemue to cost $70 million (in 1999 dollars).

This was my point Aiemond. People act that Wii games are always extremely cheap, but we know almost every big and ambitious title will cost quite a lot.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Some Wii games can go out of control, but they would take some really specific conditions, like whatever got Shemue to cost $70 million (in 1999 dollars).

This was my point Aiemond. People act that Wii games are always extremely cheap, but we know almost every big and ambitious title will cost quite a lot.

Some people may act like that, while more reasonable people don't.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
outlawauron said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Just like reasonable PS3 owners have never said a certain game will "save the PS3".

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It's just the things is that non-ambitious games will cost a lot less on the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

outlawauron said:
NJ5 said:
outlawauron said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Just like reasonable PS3 owners have never said a certain game will "save the PS3".

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2009/20090204.jpg

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

HappySqurriel already put it in perpective nicely.

Also, if we talk about the average developement cost, I would think the cost on Wii is closer to 1/3 of cost on HD than equal to it.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

I don't see how there is even a counter argument here.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
I don't see how there is even a counter argument here.

You clearly underestimate the human capacity for denial.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

No duh. But how many devs are interested in making $16 mil games on the Wii besides Nintendo? The big HD titles will cost more still.

Well, they don't have to spend 10 million on the wii when they make a profit on the games they are already making now. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

LordoftheKnight: Indeed.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.