By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official: Mass effect 2 on PS3 (+ link)

if mass2 hits ps3, 360 fans shouldnt be to disheartend as they will possibly have thier game 1st, on top of that EA didnt spend all that money on the aquiring of that studio just to make xbox games.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Wonder if its true.

I wouldn't give too much credit to jeuxvideo.fr.... they claimed time and time again MGS4 would be ported on 360, and were absolutely confident the Konami teaser was to announce the MGS trilogy on Xbox 360.

Double post, sorry.

Already read about this on another site.. if u want i can try find the link. it's true

Around the Network

that's not jeuxvideo.fr but jeuxvideo.com ;)

If the game comes to PS3, PS3 owners are in for one of the best games this gen.

I will say if you can either buy a 360 or rent one to play the first then you will definately have to. There is way to much that happened in the first for you to understand and appreciate the 2nd properly.

As M$ own the rights to publishing the first game, theres no chance it will come to PS3, so try and play the original. Even if you upgrade your PC to do so.

The only problem is that the PC and 360 versions you will be able to use your existing Level 50 character (or whatever level you are) from the start of ME2 apparantly with all the same items to.

@ selnor: Can't EA put some sort of "flasback" or "dream" or tutorial in the game that explains the previous game in a nutshell or isn't that allowed if MS has the publishing rights? (just trying to think of a way to bypass the storyline of the first game)

papflesje said:
@ selnor: Can't EA put some sort of "flasback" or "dream" or tutorial in the game that explains the previous game in a nutshell or isn't that allowed if MS has the publishing rights? (just trying to think of a way to bypass the storyline of the first game)

I really dont know, well I suppose they could. Because ME2 is likely to have masses of references to the first game anyway. To be honest though there is a hell of alot to the story of the first game, I dont think it could be done in a nutshell.

I really dont see how you could understand the 2nd without playing the first. It finishes on a cliffhanger as well, so it kinda baffles me how someone would get on without playing the first. I just cant wait for this game, my leveled up character is sat there waiting to continue his adventure.

Regardless if it's coming to PS3 just try to play the original. It's one hell of an experience and then you will get so much more out of ME2 for your PS3. ME is totally underated and is definately in the top 5 games this gen for me.

Well, I merely posed the question since MGS is also a series that usually requires a lot of knowledge about the previous games, and a lot of players seem to manage just fine with the database given in the game.

That's why I thought that EA might do something like that.

In any case, ME is one of the games I would get an xbox for, so I know it's good :p