By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Software Sales Wk End 3rd March 2007

Blur sounds great, but a little too 'hardcore' for my taste: and I'm a pretty committed gamer (i.e. I'm here ain't I!). If I was a kid with lots of free-time or whatever I'd snap it up in a second tho.

Around the Network

Nice to see that Sonic is looking good at Wii. More SEGA support could be possible, I mean Sonic 360 and ps3 tanked. Hopefullt a virtua tennis and some of their arcade light gun games would be fun (more so if Nintendo realise their light gun/holder for wii mote).

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

robjoh said: Nice to see that Sonic is looking good at Wii. More SEGA support could be possible, I mean Sonic 360 and ps3 tanked. Hopefullt a virtua tennis and some of their arcade light gun games would be fun (more so if Nintendo realise their light gun/holder for wii mote).
One of the very under-used features of Zelda on Wii is the ability to calibrate the pointer to give light-gun aiming accuracy on the Wii. It really isn't needed on Zelda since it's not natural to actually aim down the Wiimote, but if a gun-holder as Nintendo has showed were to launch the technical ability is there. p.s. on Zelda you can only calibrate vertically, but there's nothing to stop a clever dev from adding horizontal calibration.

zsidane said: mrstickball said: Great to see Crackdown and FFXII top the charts - 2 great games that deserve the sales. As for Sonic & The Secret Rings - Thus far, 3rd party software for the Wii has been doing OK, but not great. It'll be a test of the Wii to see if it can do near Red Steel in the US and do 300k in its lifetime or more. IMO, Sonic will get around 70-75k for Feb, and do about 250k in its lifetime in the US, but do well w/w to atleast get 500k. wow! I'm excepting much more from Sonic since it sold pretty well on the GC in the US! I see it selling much more than 500k in it's lifetime. Maybe something like 700k. Or maybe my exceptations ar just too high for sonic
Sonic for GC didn't sell so early in it's lifespan as opposed to the Wii, did it? Wii 3rd party numbers aren't great but mediocre - They have Red Steel & Madden 07 just over 300k. This is compared to the 360 having Call of Duty 2 @ 738,250 and Madden 06 over 400k, and PS3 with Madden 07 over 300k - both systems selling far less units. Wii tier ratios are at 3.4, with about 2.0 to 2.2 being first party (Legend of Zelda, Wii Sports, Warioware:SM). Because of that, I really dont have high hopes for Sonic. Not with Wii Play being out, and SSX blur.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

well, Zelda alone sold more than COD3 and Madden combined. Wii is sold with a game AND has got a AAA game at launch, and more games have been available at the launch of the Wii compared to the 360 I think it's too early to judge 3rd party sales on Wii: We should wait and see how Sonic and SSX will do.

Now Loading... Please Wait!