By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Software Sales Wk End 3rd March 2007

Sonic going strong in Uk And America. Japan no data yet!... But its looking rather good for 3th party games on Wii :D

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Final Fantasy is a beast. It really is going to be the PS3's biggest gun.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

StarcraftManiac said: Sonic going strong in Uk And America. Japan no data yet!... But its looking rather good for 3th party games on Wii :D
That's the story for me here too. Will be interesting to see when Japanese and North American numbers come out. The Wii needs strong third-party sellers to attract those third-parties. Especially considering Secret Rings got relatively middling reviews (along the line "Best 3D Sonic ever! ...if only parts weren't plain broken), it seems to be doing well.

Great to see Crackdown and FFXII top the charts - 2 great games that deserve the sales. As for Sonic & The Secret Rings - Thus far, 3rd party software for the Wii has been doing OK, but not great. It'll be a test of the Wii to see if it can do near Red Steel in the US and do 300k in its lifetime or more. IMO, Sonic will get around 70-75k for Feb, and do about 250k in its lifetime in the US, but do well w/w to atleast get 500k.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

stof said: Final Fantasy is a beast. It really is going to be the PS3's biggest gun.
That's always good news. I am hoping for sony to be #2 atleast this gen.

Around the Network

mrstickball said: Great to see Crackdown and FFXII top the charts - 2 great games that deserve the sales. As for Sonic & The Secret Rings - Thus far, 3rd party software for the Wii has been doing OK, but not great. It'll be a test of the Wii to see if it can do near Red Steel in the US and do 300k in its lifetime or more. IMO, Sonic will get around 70-75k for Feb, and do about 250k in its lifetime in the US, but do well w/w to atleast get 500k.
I think it's safe to say Sonic will do better than 300 in it's life time in the U.S. As for it's feb numbers, I'm not sure what it will do, but of course it will only represent one week of that month, so it should also do quite well for March numbers as well. Third party software has done quite well for the Wii considering it's only been out 3 months(that we have numbers for). Two 300k + titles with three more at over 200k seems pretty good to me. Especially considering it's a console that comes with a game, and already has another million + seller.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

mrstickball said: Great to see Crackdown and FFXII top the charts - 2 great games that deserve the sales. As for Sonic & The Secret Rings - Thus far, 3rd party software for the Wii has been doing OK, but not great. It'll be a test of the Wii to see if it can do near Red Steel in the US and do 300k in its lifetime or more. IMO, Sonic will get around 70-75k for Feb, and do about 250k in its lifetime in the US, but do well w/w to atleast get 500k.
The quality of the third party stuff on the Wii have been also OK, but not great. The few that stood out have been more of an experiment by their respective publishers(Elebits, Red Steel, SSX Blur, Sonic and the Secret Rings). Many were also ports. I'm actually surprised to see so many doing decently now, especially in the face of Nintendo juggernauts. If you factor in the cheaper development costs, I'm sure the publishers are seeing the cash flow in and are getting better returns than on previous Nintendo consoles.

Other than Paper Mario and Mario Party, which are 2nd rank Nintendo franchises, it seems Nintendo is providing third parties with a wide-open window until the Nintendo first-party gets back into top gear late this year (Mario, Metroid, etc.)... although the problem is I can't think of any quality original 3rd party titles set to come out in that period (just a lot of ports like Godfather, Heatseeker, etc)...

wow! I'm excepting much more from Sonic since it sold pretty well on the GC in the US! I see it selling much more than 500k in it's lifetime. Maybe something like 700k. Or maybe my exceptations ar just too high for sonic

Now Loading... Please Wait!

SSX Blur and Sonic are the biggest releases for Wii until Super Paper Mario. Sonic has traditionally sold better on GC than other platforms. I'm inclined to agree with Zsidane when it comes to how well Sonic will sell on Wii. Now SSX Blur is the one I'm not sure about sales wise. BTW Starcraft Maniac, Sonic hasn't been released in Japan as of yet. I think it comes out on March 14th in Japan.