By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - how do i speed up ps3 browser load times

i am using my ps3 browser online but it's bloody slow. how can i speed up load times? hulu.com killed me.

Around the Network

Try clearing cache and history. Wireless is faster,check your router.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

Wireless is faster, try that, just changed it and saw quite an increase.

Use your PC to browse the web ^_^

@OP: maybe try drop the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit size in bytes) to around 1472 or slightly lower.
I know this helps some people with older routers browse PSN and some oline game portions a bit faster.
The theory goes that older routers don't like larger packets very much, so if your PS3 (default MTU = 1500 bytes) is sending packets larger than your routers MTU, then when your router tries to forward these the packets become fragmented and could be lost.
I haven't tried it with the web browser myself yet but it's quick to do and easy to set back to "auto detect" if it doesn't help.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

As far as I am aware, Hulu.com doesn't work with the ps3's browser. The guys on AVS were having a laugh about it the other day, because at the time Hulu.com was being heavily sponsored by the ps3.

makingmusic476 said:
As far as I am aware, Hulu.com doesn't work with the ps3's browser. The guys on AVS were having a laugh about it the other day, because at the time Hulu.com was being heavily sponsored by the ps3.

I was watching the Audi Super Bowl ad on hulu.com with my PS3. Dang, it was hella choppy.

Thanks for all the advice. I will see what's going on with it after work Wednesday.

PS3 browser has improved of the few years but it's still pretty bad.  Did not know it worked faster using wireless, why would that be?