By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crytek has bought Free Radical Design!

Kasz216 said:
indodude said:
Kasz216 said:
Neat... and odd choice... but it works.

Wonder if they'll stay on consoles... and if so which.

Wonder if that means Battlefront 3 is back on.

Do  you mean Star Wars Battlefront 3?

Yes.

I doubt it.  Didn't they already hand that off to someone else?

Hope to see Timesplitters 4 though.  Or Crysis for the consoles.  But I'd rather have Timesplitters 4.

Around the Network
bobobologna said:
Kasz216 said:
indodude said:
Kasz216 said:
Neat... and odd choice... but it works.

Wonder if they'll stay on consoles... and if so which.

Wonder if that means Battlefront 3 is back on.

Do  you mean Star Wars Battlefront 3?

Yes.

I doubt it.  Didn't they already hand that off to someone else?

Hope to see Timesplitters 4 though.  Or Crysis for the consoles.  But I'd rather have Timesplitters 4.

Not sure.  It's one of my girlfriends favorite series so i hope someone is doing it.

I hope this means a Wii version of Timsplitters 4.

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

Oh god no... Free Radical in the hands of Crytek? The same Crytek who brought us Crysis and Crysis Warhead?
Shit. If they tamper with the TS series, I'll find their CEO and rip his throat out, some things should remain holy.

Good bye Time Splitters Wii.

Crytek is one of those guys who push their engines, the thing is Wii isn't powerful enough to run any modern Crytek engine so TS4 could turn into just another IP for them to sell their engine with.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Oh god no... Free Radical in the hands of Crytek? The same Crytek who brought us Crysis and Crysis Warhead?
Shit. If they tamper with the TS series, I'll find their CEO and rip his throat out, some things should remain holy.

they also brought us FarCry and a few other great games. And the Crysis franchise is a good too....

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Thats amazing news since Free Radical is amazing for the most part and so is Crytek. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me

ssj12 said:
Mummelmann said:

they also brought us FarCry and a few other great games. And the Crysis franchise is a good too....

Far Cry was epic, which was why I assumed Crysis would be great. As you all may know, I hate the Crysis games deeply so I disagree with the latter part of your post then, naturally.

Thank God for Free Radical NOW PLEASE MAKE A GOOD GAME NOT ANOTHER CRAP FEST

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I would be terribly dissapointed if TimeSplitters 4 looked anything like Crysis.

Don't get me wrong, Crysis looks amazing.... but TS is not about realism.

That said, I say bring on TimeSplitters 4!