By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA conference call - core titles coming to Wii, big support coming to Wii

Phendrana said:
Yippee! I haven't bought the PS3 version yet because I didn't like the aiming and $60 felt like too much. This solves both my problems. Even if it's a direct port, I'm picking it up.

@Soriku
Technically Dead Rising hasn't been confirmed to be a good or bad game yet either. I'm keepin' the hope alive!

And also lol @ the butthurt people in here trying to knock down the announcement.

Seriously... how can people knock this down? It's incredible. Third parties are finally realizing that the Wii will be an integral part of their success.

On topic: Yay!

Around the Network
windbane said:
Phendrana said:
And also lol @ the butthurt people in here trying to knock down the announcement.

Heh, we'll see how the year plays out =)

Could be that EA releases the good 50% on 360 and PS3.

I'm not saying it'll go either way, but right now it's a good announcement. There are people trying to make it seem like it isn't. Those people are butthurt.

I think with EA being in such dire straits at the moment, there could be some actual truth and validity to this, but until I see some results, I'll hold back my jubilation.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I don't get why people are complaining about EA. Their Wii support has been pretty good so far and it seems that it will just get better.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:

I don't get why people are complaining about EA. Their Wii support has been pretty good so far and it seems that it will just get better.

it was not bad at all. The relased quite good games and my Sims is a lot of fun.

but im many cases the effore was not as present on the Wii version than the other ones in many core, non sport games

Around the Network

Finally, the BS is coming to an end!

Well, last year they said the same crap.

In 07 they released 15 games on Wii & 360 each
In 08 they released 18 on Wii & 22 on 360.

So they may be increasing games on Wii but they are concentrating more on games for the 360.

Games on HD consoles cost a lot more & that's prob why they are losing so much money.

HappySqurriel said:
FishyJoe said:
You also have to factor in marketing. Development costs aside, Gears of War had one of the biggest and most successful marketing campaigns ever. I remember during the holidays seeing the mad world commercial over and over, and never getting tired of it. I've never once seen a Red Steel commercial.

Actually, it had a moderate marketing budget but they wasted it:

lol, isn't racism funny

not

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I wasn't sure if this was a really big deal until I saw who it was freaking out and how much it was freaking them out. Judging by the sheer level of panic, it must be a pretty big deal.

their Wii games like MySims, Boom Blox are selling more than well, maybe that's why they decide to put games on Wii, the costs to develop are less and now they know better how to make them good using the Wii-remote

they probably lost some money by making Facebreaker for all 3 consoles but sold nothing

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^