By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Rep: "360 First, Makes Sense, Helps Maximize Sales."

EA supporting 360 ahead of PS3

Resources devoted to Microsoft's platform

21 August 2007

"New York Times blogger Matt Richtel this week reveals, in tandem with several prominent analysts, that differences between games on the Xbox 360 and the PS3 have emerged because developers have had less time to get to grips with Sony's system, and that this has contributed to delays to big releases like Media of Honor: Airborne and SKATE.

[...]

"EA's spokesperson apparently argues that the 360's larger installed base means that a focussing of resources on the platform makes more financial sense, and helps maximise potential sales.

"Likewise, we learn that in the last console cycle, EA could frequently be found polishing off PS2 titles in a similar fashion, directing development resources away from the Xbox - which was far behind in the sales stakes."

http://play.tm/story/12557

Around the Network

wow. unbelievable. i wish more EA cared more about the quality of their product. this wont reflect well for them in the long run, especially in the sony crowd, unless they get their act together.

Cant wait till Assassins Creed!

I think the point is that as long as 360 has a larger user base in the markes that couht, they don't really have to care.

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

EA is just screwing there own company, each year they do this they lose more and more customers. Madden is the biggest over rated game ever the same with this comapny, they are a joke and should kill themselves.

Warlord_ said:
EA is just screwing there own company, each year they do this they lose more and more customers. Madden is the biggest over rated game ever the same with this comapny, they are a joke and should kill themselves.

I can put up with fanboys, but you're just sick.

Around the Network

DUH. I saw this coming a mile away. EA is very predictable. Same with their Wii support.
Do I blame them? Nope.

They are the #1 Third-Party publisher for a reason.

wasn't warlord just in another thread crucifying "fanboys"

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

ugg1020 said:
wasn't warlord just in another thread crucifying "fanboys"

Yes, and he basically blamed all recent fanboyism and flaming on Wii fanboys.

This is not news, I think it's one of the reasons Sony started making their own sport games. Aside from Tiger Woods, I don't purchase EA games anyway.

Like I said screw EA. I wont be buying any of thier games after the crap they just put out on the PS3. I think the only game I might possibly miss will be Battlefield series. ahhh crap just looked at thier website to see what else they got that I might like and I see they are publishing The Orange Box and I was really looking forward to that one.