By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Rep: "360 First, Makes Sense, Helps Maximize Sales."

Where does the Wii fall?

Send me a message if you want to be Wii friends.

Around the Network

This is pretty common. EA focuses on the largest userbases, putting less time in to the lesser based consoles. This leads to users of those consoles being turned off EA games, less games sold, the cycle continues.

Of course there will always be fairly strong sales of EA games on the PS3, but this does seem quite similar to the Gamecubes Madden offerings.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

If this keeps up, when Ea releases their Madden 2011 it will be a 2 disk game. The first one will be a Madden 2010 and the second a Madden edit Kit.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Its stupid of them to come out and say that, way to not be PC.

Killzone3 said:

How is that not politically correct? "If they said, we develop for the 360 first and the gaystation later", THAT would be politically incorrect. 

It's not a very good strategy for gamers, but its something EA has done before and will keep doing. It works for them quite well

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
DonWii said:
DUH. I saw this coming a mile away. EA is very predictable. Same with their Wii support.
Do I blame them? Nope.

They are the #1 Third-Party publisher for a reason.
 QFT

Sadly it's the way they have always made games. No one complained about it when their effort was spent on the PS2, but that's what they are. They are money whores, and they do whatever they can to make cash.

why is everyone complaining? This makes perfect sense. Why put money into a PS3 version that won't see the returns? EA is struggling financially, they can't afford to pour money into a version that won't sell well, for what, exactly? So that Sony sells a few more PS3's?

The only company that should be willing to subsidise a game on the PS3 should be Sony. EA can only put in money if they expect to get money back.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

stof said:
Killzone3 said:

How is that not politically correct? "If they said, we develop for the 360 first and the gaystation later", THAT would be politically incorrect.

It's not a very good strategy for gamers, but its something EA has done before and will keep doing. It works for them quite well

They are pissing of every non 360 gamer and theres more of them right now.  It works for madden sure with their nfl deal but any non 360 gamer who wants any other sports title should look else where since they can expect a half ass'd mediocre game from Ea.

With statements like that from EA, my choice between EAs NBA and Sonys NBA game is plain as day. 

mayeb they could go "PS3 is to complex and kiddi console lack sports fans we suck 360 is easy so thats what we focus on" which is waht they are saying to be right now.

I don't understand why everyone is getting so mad, they don't to spend so much time on a game that won't sell that well. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. I think you'd be in a much worse situation if they weren't making those games at all though, you should be happy you are getting supported. The 360 in many ways is the PS3's lifeline, even the Wii is benefiting from the PS2 sometimes.
It simply makes more business sense this way.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X