By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision at E3. Is E3 finally making a comeback?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/950/950091p1.html

February 2, 2009 - In a press release posted on the ESA's website today, it was noted that publisher Activision -- having not participated at last year's E3 -- is now confirmed as one of the exhibitors for this year's show. The press release lists a good number of other major players as well, most of which come as no surprise. Capcom, Konami, Midway, SEGA, Sony and THQ are all called out on the included list.

CEO of the ESA Michael D. Gallagher comments: "the 2009 E3 Expo will be the preeminent North American computer and video game event. With robust exhibitor sales, high attendee interest, and strong commitments from multiple industry sectors, we are going to ensure the full excitement and energy of this industry is on display."

For a full list of E3 2009's exhibitors, head to the E3 Expo site here.

I at least hope it is.

Around the Network

More than likely it's to promote their family friendly games. Focusing on the everyones media rather than the smaller electronic gamers media.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Why would Activision make a difference? They're the new EA and even admits they only want to make games they can run into the ground and exploit year after year.

Well they were one of the companies that left last year its just a good sign more people are coming back and you can actually look forward to E3.

And even if they do release shit year after year they still make quality titles. No all obviously but still.

Who knows....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

How can this be a preeminent event if its nothing more then a elitist industry convention. We know where that road leads. Presentations laced with sales figures, and uninspired presentations. Once again the audience will not be us. We are not even allowed through the front doors. The exhibitors are going to be as dry as the previous two years it just means there will be more of them.

To exacerbate things the element of competition is withered. Without a need to upstage it only ensures that we will get our news in spurts throughout the year. Not at this event. It needs more then booth babes to bring the magic back. You need the exhibitors competing for that attention. Mark my words they talk excitement, but we are going to watch shows that are more then half sales figures.

This show will not be entertaining, and the relevant developments will fit in a five minute video clip.

The only big thing at E3 last year was FF13 coming to 360. The rest was crap, especially Nintendo's conference. Hopefully it's better this year.

Why was E3 2008 crap? (sorry it's my first e3 i've watched). Zipper/sony announced MAG :)

@cheese_man

In previous years it was a sales pitch to consumers. So it was all about getting the consumer on board. Which meant a lot of announcements, and slick presentation. The previous two years it has been basically a pitch to investors with a little wink or nod to gamers.

What it really boils down to was the show used to be a entertaining extravaganza, and then it was shoehorned into the role of plumbers convention. Which do you prefer to see. Plumbers building a flame thrower out of lead pipes, or plumbers discussing which is the best epoxy product on the market. One is entertaining, and the other is as much fun as watching paint dry.

Well, at least it's a step forward.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.