By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Eh...this could be interesting. Insane mom, or bizarre new propoganda?

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/strange_news/offbeat_wthi_terrehaute_islam_is_the_light_nintendo_0126200921532177991

Jist of the article. Supposedly a mom had to take away a stuffed talking toy from her daughter because it would randomly say "Islam is the light", and also one of the "babyz" videogames on DS too was saying "Islam is the light" whenever she would give the baby a bath. They are trying to get in contact with whoever developed/published the game. Nintendo just said "not our fault"

If this is true then I suspect we'll hear more about this soon. If true, then very very bizarre.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

idk about the game, but the doll is real.
i cant remember what it was supposed to say, but the voice system was a cheap piece of garbage, so it came out sounding like that.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

That's rather odd. 2 different, unrelated products stating the same message. It's a sign from above........

I think that people have been fear mongered way too much.

When people are scared of something, they intentionally look for these things, and can find them in places that they don't exist.

It's a bit of a stretch for me that the doll or the DS game would be saying this on purpose.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

MrBubbles said:
idk about the game, but the doll is real.
i cant remember what it was supposed to say, but the voice system was a cheap piece of garbage, so it came out sounding like that.

I had a "Pikachu" toy when I was a kid. He was supposed to say "Pikachu" but I swear he kept saying "Kick a jew". I am dead serious. If that's what it is, then these people need to get better hardware or voice samples or something.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Islam is the light?

Maybe it was meant to be "Is mum here tonight?" or something.

Nintendo would never allow that on their system. Especially considering the whole LBP fiasco.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Ubisoft and the doll manufacturer probably are using the same baby sound effect that was purchased in a stock sound-effect library ... This particular sound effect (when garbled) sounds similar to "Islam is the Light"

Its people hearing what they want to hear. Neither product is actually saying that.

However I do like izaaz101's hypothesis that it is God giving you a hint. ;)

Awesome! I want that doll! It's an ideal creepy birthday present XD.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Heheh... damn Doll... Cheap voice chip

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989