By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Bioshock Thread

just got out of work, time to play this game...

Around the Network
sinha said:
I got the limited edition in the morning and I played it for a while earlier in the day. I'm about to get back on there in a few minutes.

This game is so awesome I am crawling through it at an incredibly slow pace so I can just take everything in...

Yeah, same here. Picked it up before work and then played it as much as possible after I got home.

It's freakin' fantastic. The reason the game is so revolutionary is in the way the gameplay and the environment are constructed. Every piece of the game is used to enhance the main vision: the horror of unrestrained human potential. The excellent sound/voicework is used to keep you on edge, draw your attention to some event, or just scare the crap out of you; the beautiful graphics and attention to artistic detail are used to make the horror of the setting hit home (water coming in to crush you, bloody messages, etc); the environment, brilliantly laid out to make the world's reality more convincing, and designed in an open-ended way to allow for free exploration (yeah, in a first-person shooter); the story, told indirectly by just observing what's goin on around you, rather than being force-fed to you (making it feel more natural, and getting you to actually think in terms of the world you're in, as if it were a real world)... and it's a brilliant story at that; the combat options, the upgrade options, exploration options, tons and tons of options, all pointing out one of the main themes of the game: choice; oh, and the fact that the game has a THEME. We're talking about a game with literary inspiration, a game that says something about life, that has a message, and sub-messages within it.

I can't imagine how anyone could be let down by this. (I'm playing through slowly as well, savoring the deliciousness.)

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

My 360 is at their place that's all it says.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Mmmm to the guys who have played it. what are the minium requirements. I dont have a good pc.
But do you think it will run on .

P4 2.8ghz
1.5gig ram
ATI 9600 series

I am loving the game. It's awesome. I was really excited for this game, and I wasn't disappointed. For those saying the game play isn't revolutionary, yeah, I agree, not much extraordinary there. But what makes it an awesome game to me, is the setting, the story, and the atmosphere. I love checking out the posters, the scenery, and listening to the recordings. I like taking my time looking at everything and making sure I go everywhere.

I'd highly recommend the game

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

Oh, and I have a 59" widescreen TV. The whole widescreen issue, is a non issue. Doesn't change your experience at all. Don't hold off playing because of that.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I don't know for the minimums, but the requirements are :

XP or Vista
Dual Core processor
2 GB of RAM
The latest ATI or Nividia cards ( can't say with precision )

That's why I prefer consol over PC.

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

My 2 year old PC was able to handle it with a little FPS slowdown, but without degrading a lot of the quality.

XP pro
Athlon 4000+ (2.4ghz single core)
2 GB of ram
7800 gt

Yeah. I'm glad there will be a PS3 version of this game.

I just ordered mine for 360 on Ebay for $51 (shipped) .

I cant wait!

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )