By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Penny Arcade Survey: Console Ownership

Everyone keeps trying to define PS3 owners. But it's obvious the PS3's strategy is to appeal to all the different types of video game players. It may not be the best strategy(or it may) but either way it gives them the most diverse user base.

I have a PS3, I know the name Penny Arcade, but I don't give a shit about it.

Around the Network

PC domination!

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

RVDondaPC said:
Everyone keeps trying to define PS3 owners. But it's obvious the PS3's strategy is to appeal to all the different types of video game players. It may not be the best strategy(or it may) but either way it gives them the most diverse user base.

I have a PS3, I know the name Penny Arcade, but I don't give a shit about it.

Ok, lol.

alfredofroylan said:

The interesting thing about this is that this survey only took Panne Arcade readers.

Penny Arcade’s surveyed 38,350 readers on their gaming preferences, which has to be the largest sample of its type. Like, ever.

It’s well worth a nose. The average age of those questioned is 26, and 94 percent of them are male.

They’re not too keen on PS3 either, apparently.

Console Ownership:

• PC: 86.3%
  • Xbox 360: 54.1%
  • Wii: 53.5%
  • PS2: 52.7%
  • Nintendo DS: 51.5%
  • iPhone/iPod: 29.9%
  • XBOX: 26.2%
  • PS3: 24.5%
  • Sony PSP: 20.5%

http://www.vg247.com/2009/02/02/penny-arcade-surveys-40000-gamers-on-net-speed-and-console-ownership/

..... quite low for the PS3, they don't like Penny Arcade?

They often mindlessly bashes the PS3, so they've driven away a good number of their fans who lean towards the PS3.

Deviation59 said:
alfredofroylan said:

The interesting thing about this is that this survey only took Panne Arcade readers.

Penny Arcade’s surveyed 38,350 readers on their gaming preferences, which has to be the largest sample of its type. Like, ever.

It’s well worth a nose. The average age of those questioned is 26, and 94 percent of them are male.

They’re not too keen on PS3 either, apparently.

Console Ownership:

• PC: 86.3%
  • Xbox 360: 54.1%
  • Wii: 53.5%
  • PS2: 52.7%
  • Nintendo DS: 51.5%
  • iPhone/iPod: 29.9%
  • XBOX: 26.2%
  • PS3: 24.5%
  • Sony PSP: 20.5%

http://www.vg247.com/2009/02/02/penny-arcade-surveys-40000-gamers-on-net-speed-and-console-ownership/

..... quite low for the PS3, they don't like Penny Arcade?

They often mindlessly bashes the PS3, so they've driven away a good number of their fans who lean towards the PS3.

find one mindless bashing of the PS3... they get pissed at someone and they let up know through their comics and post.

Around the Network

They live/work next door to MS. I'm sure they probably know a large number of MS Games Studios employees... or at least former ones...  thus their 360 slant, most likely.  They probably get more info on it.

Groucho said:

They live/work next door to MS. I'm sure they probably know a large number of MS Games Studios employees... or at least former ones...  thus their 360 slant, most likely.  They probably get more info on it.

Not really... and they kind shed light one this in som comics... I'll see if I can't find them and post them.

Groucho said:

In the early days, they made fun of Xbox and Halo quite a bit. MS started reaching out to them though, invited them to try out upcoming games and have Halo matches between them and Bungie and such, and I guess MS managed to change their mind. I thought it was a brilliant move on MS's part to essentially get free advertising to a dedicated gamer base.

They still call out everyone on their bullshit though.

Gamefaqs sometimes runs console ownership polls with 100k responders.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire