By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - resident evil 5 ps3 vs. 360 comparison. 360 WINS!!!

I happened to play both versions of the game, and the difference is this:

the 360 demo is in 1080p... the PS3 demo is in 720p

I was playing on a 42" LCD. It was clear to the eye right away while switching between one console and the other at the same spot in the game. The higher resolution on the 360 made all the differences in texture detail, and shadow detail too. Apart from that, Anti-alias looked slighly better on the 360 demo.

Is the final game going to be like that? I HOPE not. I mean, why the laziness? why this bullshit? After I stopped comparing the demos I started playing DEAD SPACE on PS3, that MULTIPLAT game is 1080p on PS3, so why can't Capcom of all distinguished developers deliver 1080p graphics on the PS3?? I'm saying, hopefully it's just the demo, if not, it sucks big time for Capcom, and whoever has a 1080p HDTV and owns both consoles,will make no mistake about it if better graphics is what they crave.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
Wait..what's your name again?

that....

ChronotriggerJM said:
@Baggins, I wholeheartedly agree :P And at the same time I will say though, that they've gotten MUCH better in terms of quality. Ports aren't ghastly anymore xD

:)

Magnific0 said:

I was playing on a 42" LCD. It was clear to the eye right away while switching between one console and the other at the same spot in the game. The higher resolution on the 360 made all the differences in texture detail, and shadow detail too. Apart from that, Anti-alias looked slighly better on the 360 demo.

Is the final game going to be like that? I HOPE not. I mean, why the laziness? why this bullshit? After I stopped comparing the demos I started playing DEAD SPACE on PS3, that MULTIPLAT game is 1080p on PS3, so why can't Capcom of all distinguished developers deliver 1080p graphics on the PS3?? I'm saying, hopefully it's just the demo, if not, it sucks big time for Capcom, and whoever has a 1080p HDTV and owns both consoles,will make no mistake about it if better graphics is what they crave.

Wrong.
Dead Space is 720p NATIVE on PS3.

You're talking about "Upscalling it to 1080p".

My Gaming Setup

lol so wait you all actually went through all that to tell WHAT DIFFERENCE??

pathetic.

Around the Network
Neoraf said:
Magnific0 said:

Wrong.
Dead Space is 720p NATIVE on PS3.

You're talking about "Upscalling it to 1080p".

RE5 is native 720p on both PS3 and 360 as well.  If it was 1080p on the 360, then it was upscaled as well.  I don't think any FPS has delivered 1080p on either console.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

OMG this argument again lol. Let's just all face facts. Due to the architecture of the PS3, it has a little trouble porting 360 games (extra optimisation required), but not the other way around (not as much optimisation requried due to the easier programming on 360).

There are a few obvious 360 advantages in most multiplat games.

First of all is cost & profit...360 is cheaper to make games on and sells more software so will be lead platform most of the time.

Most 360 games upscale to 1080p. PS3 usually 720p.

Unlike the PS3, most 360 games feature AA cause of the embedded DRAM. Hence 360 games has less jaggies.

The 360 has a unified memory architecture. So the developer can use it how they wish. PS3 has the same amout of memory but it's a split memory architecture. That's why textures can look sharper on 360 cause the developer has choosen to use more of the memory on textures while they are restricted to a certain degree on the PS3.

Jeez I thought everyone knew this by now...

wow i'm not suprised coming from eurogamer

Whoa now, 360 wins? I'm looking at the images and seeing less shadows and lighting effects on 360, the PS3 screens has shadows for little minor details of the game while 360 doesn't.

There's also a bit better soft shadows on the PS3 version which is much closer to real life then the 360 images (we're going for realism here right?)

As for textures, it's the same, texture on one matches the other, the only differences in the screens is the PS3 looks like it might be on brighter settings that is all.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

CGI-Quality said:
V-r0cK said:

Well this thread should mainly be for PS360 owners for them to decide which version they'd like to purchase.

As a PS3-only owner, im not going to buy a new console just because it looks slightly better on the other. Im sure X360-only owners wont either if it was the other way around. Im just glad this game will be on the system that I own, that's how it should be.

Slightly better graphic difference on one console than the other =/= more fun.

Trust me, the differences are so minute that this comparison is really over doing it. To me though, I liked the look of the PS3 version more, colors were more vibrant and the textures seemed sharper, and that's my opinion after playing both demos side by side. Frankly, this comparison would NOT make me pick the PS3 version any slower. Those who are buying it on PS3, you have nothing to worry about 

Oh come now.  If these screenshots are indeed accurate, the Xbox 360 version looks markedely better.  I agree that that shouldn't stop anyone that was planning to purchase to game for the PS3 from doing so, but it is another clear indicator multiplatform owners should buy the game for the Xbox 360.

Whilst recognising that everyone is entitled to an opinion, that can only go so far.  It's pretty hard to build an argument off these screenshots that the Xbox 360 isn't comfortably the better looking title.