By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest II - VII Remakes for DS + 2 new patented names

We don't know if DQ II and VII are being made for the DS. Having said that, I think it's very likely that they will, especially if the others sell well.

Around the Network

1. If you're not going to quote the article and only provide a link, at least do it directly to the effing article.
http://gonintendo.com/?p=23341

2. The article doesn't say anything about the platform they're being released on or if they're even being released. All it states is the names for everything (II-VII already having had those names so that's nothing new) and that there's 2 new names they're patenting.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

And btw, II & III will not be announced without I. Just like IV-VI, it's a trilogy.
The new names don't sound like typical main DQ titles so they're likely more spin-offs.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Soriku said:
^ It'll be announced soon, I guess...maybe...and yeah the 2 are spin-offs like RS and MJ.

What's the rush? It'll probably be at least 3 years before they've released IV-VI. I don't want to be told about games I won't be able to play for a few years. I want to know about the games I can play within the next 6 months.

I think you mean trademark not patent. Trademarks protect a company's use of its brand names, slogans, and logos. Patents are for inventions (although the USPTO takes a rather broad definition of invention).

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Around the Network
Non Sequor said:
I think you mean trademark not patent. Trademarks protect a company's use of its brand names, slogans, and logos. Patents are for inventions (although the USPTO takes a rather broad definition of invention).

True, trademark should be the word but patent is what the article says.

Is it for sure these are DS games?

Gamefront didn´t say anything about the platform...

Hell, I´d love to see those games on my DS.

I just can´t believe there are 6 games in the work...or even more.

1.) Why do you make topics without confirmation of anything? These could be going anywhere, including the Wii, PSP, or PS3 (though I'll admit in the current market it seems all Dragon Quest related games are staying on Nintendo systems).

2.) Why do you keep making topics that require links on the Wii if you are unable to post them? Use a freaking PC.

3.) Staticarts and Eternal Wheel have to be the worst game names I have ever seen. It had to be said.

Even more remakes? They're good games and everything, but I'm really starting to lose respect for Square-Enix.