By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dark Sector is the most underrated game this generation

Fantastic game that got buried by reviews, obviously because it didn't have a big publisher.

The graphics are top-notch (gears/uncharted quality and yes i am dead serious). Amazing lighting, fantastic textures with great use of normal mapping, very good environmental effects (like dust) and great atmosphere. The black and white first level is genious. The frame rate is rock solid.

The gameplay is also great and expands on the gears formula much more than gears2 actually did. The boomerang adds a new element of depth and the game has more gameplay variety than either gears or uncharted with heavy shooting elements and GREAT close combat dynamics. The "flow" of the gameplay is just right.

The game trounces crap like "Army of two". I urge anyone that likes action shooters to try this game (it must quite cheap now). They might discover  true gem.

Around the Network

I really wanted this game but reviews killed it for me. Now, I see it for sale for about $15-$20. Maybe even less than that. I may pick it up one day soon.

Didn't liked it that much. It was okay, but Army of Two is much better when you have a good friend playing co-op with you.

d21lewis said:
I really wanted this game but reviews killed it for me. Now, I see it for sale for about $15-$20. Maybe even less than that. I may pick it up one day soon.

Go for it .Don't let the poor cover art (yeah it's quite bad, IMO) fool you.

I agree. The final parts in the game are just unexpected, and when a game can pull off a great ending, you know it's worth playing more than once. The multiplayer is cool as well!

The thing about the game is that it looks more like a tech demo than anything else. I hope Dark Sector 2 is coming!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

I enjoyed both Dark sector and Army of two, but due to the co op in army of two i would give it the edge.

My scores.......

Dark sector 84%

Army of two 92%

No doubt though that Dark sector is an underappreciated game.

No way, No More Heroes takes that crown

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

More underrated that Scotty Pipen?

I think not.

I've seen DS on store shelves, but the cover looks too.. "You know what I'm about, now the balls in your court."

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

damn reviewers! I could have picked it up yesterday and now I'm at home with tons of snow outside stopping me leaving my house!

CGI-Quality said:
@ fulczombie

WOW...finally you and I agree, and big time!!! Dark Sector was my favorite game in 2008. It was VERY underrated and I agree that it was more fun than Army of Two. It's good to see others really enjoyed it, I'm dying for a sequel!!!

My cousin loves this game,its one of his fav games.