By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit vs. Halo 3

Snesboy said:
SleepWaking said:
Maybe the point of the video wasn't only to show a graphic comparison but also a comparison of controls. I think everybody here is overreacting.

Win/10

/thread

That's what I said on page 1!  No respect I say no respect!

Anyway I saw one of the guys post a link to this earlier so I'm going to embed it, for a reference point when people say the Conduit looks worse then Halo 2 did on the Xbox.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Snesboy said:
SleepWaking said:
Maybe the point of the video wasn't only to show a graphic comparison but also a comparison of controls. I think everybody here is overreacting.

Win/10

/thread

That's what I said on page 1!  No respect I say no respect!

Anyway I saw one of the guys post a link to this earlier so I'm going to embed it, for a reference point when people say the Conduit looks worse then Halo 2 did on the Xbox.

Thanks for a better video, but still not that good.

My thoughts. The Conduit looks better then Halo 2 in that video, except the open world of Halo 2 looks bigger and better. But something with the Halo 2 video looks off and the compartion ain't that good.

THAT was the Conduit?

THAT's been hyped to have amazing graphics?

Oh, dear.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I dont understand but anyway

Kantor said:
THAT was the Conduit?

Oh, dear.

Uhm, no, it's been hyped to have amazing controls (and it does) and look great for a Wii game. 

Also if you only watched these grainy You Tube videos go to IGN and look at their video section, they have the best videos for the game.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kantor said:
THAT was the Conduit?

Oh, dear.

Uhm, no, it's been hyped to have amazing controls (and it does) and look great for a Wii game.

Also if you only watched these grainy You Tube videos go to IGN and look at their video section, they have the best videos for the game.

No it hasn't.

The Conduit has been hyped for having "the best/some of the best graphics on Wii."

It has also been hyped for the possibility that a Wii FPS might have amazing controls.

Lately, it has started being hyped (a bit) for the amazing controls (that we now know of).

The game was being hyped before we really knew anything about the controls, so it is very doubtable that the reason it was hyped was the controls, eh?

(PS: I'm saying this more as my experience on how it is as a general note, you may have hyped it for controls all the way along, my point is that's the minority).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

How do you know it's a minority? For the most part I've seen Wii gamers hype it because it's a game designed from the bottom up to take advantage of Wii controls for FPS with decent graphics, and there have been a few fruitcakes who compare the graphics to the HD consoles, but I don't think they're the majority.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
How do you know it's a minority? For the most part I've seen Wii gamers hype it because it's a game designed from the bottom up to take advantage of Wii controls for FPS with decent graphics, and there have been a few fruitcakes who compare the graphics to the HD consoles, but I don't think they're the majority.

I'm talking about why the game started to be hyped. That was because of the graphics, because frankly - we didn't see a lot of the controls at that time (people were just hoping it would control like MP3).

Then later, it was still being hyped (mainly) for the graphics, as they were getting better. Still did we know little of the controls.

Just now in December/January, did we find out about its controls. But the way I see it, that's just the last push on the barrel (I just made that expression up.... :P), rather than being the main reason it is being hyped.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Well, everyone I talked to about it were talking about it because it looked like a proper effort on Wii, something that was sorely missing. Graphics was barely mentioned, except to say they were actually making an effort pushing graphics, which is a good thing too. But we certainly weren't looking forward to it because of the graphics, why would I do that when my PC runs Crysis?

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kantor said:
THAT was the Conduit?

Oh, dear.

No it hasn't.

The Conduit has been hyped for having "the best/some of the best graphics on Wii."

It has also been hyped for the possibility that a Wii FPS might have amazing controls.

Lately, it has started being hyped (a bit) for the amazing controls (that we now know of).

The game was being hyped before we really knew anything about the controls, so it is very doubtable that the reason it was hyped was the controls, eh?

(PS: I'm saying this more as my experience on how it is as a general note, you may have hyped it for controls all the way along, my point is that's the minority).

Because the Conduit story broke out onto the net through IGN, it was partially the graphics looked very good for an early build for a game but they also talked about the controls they were going for were going to be more impressive then Medal of Honor Heroes 2.  The videos broke out showed what kind of crazy fast aiming you could do, as well as how nice it looked, I've always said it looks great for a Wii game which is the eye candy but it's sporting amazing controls and as soon as it went to E3 it proved that.