By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Megaton: Wii Sports is NOT the highest selling game ever! Not even close.

OMG OMG PC WON THE CONSOLE WAR!!!!

Around the Network

PC wins every console war....

Now look at Microsoft Office, have you seen that attach rate? If only there could be a video game on console systems that was bought by almost the entire userbase... (not counting bundled games, as Microsoft Office is a non-bundled game)

Street Fighter 2 Turbo,

Arcades FTW?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Speaking of Bejeweled, has anyone noticed that girls play this game better than guys? Must be some pattern recognition or wide-vision thing. It may be anecdotal evidence but I have found that girls play this game really well.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5

Women love sparkly things, that's no secret and people tend to be good at what they love to do. V_V

Playing with virtual rubies, diamonds, saphires and etc... must be like a bag of joy mixxed with sweet sauce.

Of course it could be that women are better at games like that - I know I've never met a female Tetris player that I could beat.... but I suck at Tetris. (And Dr. Mario)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

I'm not too sure, if somebody mentioned this before, but I  think, that tetris for the gameboy is actually is the most successful video game of all times.

Why?
- Vgchartz tracks the gameboy sales for 42,16 m in the pal-region only (32,47 m japan)
- But Tetris goes with 2,47 m in pal (4,24 in japan)
- Tetris was bundled with the first gameboy

=> Tetris is the most successful video game ever

The only question is the sheer number

P.S.:
- I know gb color sales are included in gb, but still the original one sold way more than just 2,47m (with tetris bundled)
- go back into your memory: do you remember anyone without tetris; I don't

As for the general games discussion, I reckon that as long as a game isn't an integral part of a console , pc (like solitaire) etc. it should count. But I'm still aware of the problems such as alex kidd in the miracle world was actually in the master system itself.

tombi123 said:
Why doesn't this count if WiiSports does? Because WiiSports comes on a disc?

Your kidding right? Because its PC. Its not console gaming. If they release a Bejeweled for PS2/Wii/360/PS3/ then the sales of the CONSOLE BASED SKU will be counted towards all other CONSOLE BASED SKU games out there.

All this shows is that Wiisports isnt the highest selling "game" ever. But any idiot knew that. Hello Solitaire on windows? This site is about console gaming. Not PC gaming.