By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - your most expenisve console purchase!

I bought a Neo Geo console in '96 for around $800 just to play fatal fury special and KOF'96($200) I think i spent around $2000 on that console- that would be $2700 when adusted for inflation by 2007!

I had to save up like crazy.. anyone else ever made any expensive purchases? I remember getting a second controller for around $120.. it was one fucking expensive piece of hardware.. but damn it was built like a rock

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network

A 600€ PS3 + 2 games + 1 controller = 800€ in one day. Must be that one ;)

yes the ps3 its my most expensive. but the one i have loved the most =)

$700 for the PS3 (most disappointing gaming purchase of my life!)
$450 for the Panasonic 3DO (no regret!)
$400 for the Neo Geo (2nd most disappointing gaming purchase of my life!)

Thats my top 3.

arsenicazure said:

I bought a Neo Geo console in '96 for around $800 just to play fatal fury special and KOF'96($200) I think i spent around $2000 on that console- that would be $2700 when adusted for inflation by 2007!

I had to save up like crazy.. anyone else ever made any expensive purchases? I remember getting a second controller for around $120.. it was one fucking expensive piece of hardware.. but damn it was built like a rock

Neo-Geo was worth it !!!

It was way more advanced than the others (sega nintendo) consoles on the market... not like a current gen console  that is also very expensive ....

At that time, for me, it was the Sega Master System + Light Phaser pack. It was 5.500 BEF back then.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

I did love my neo geo but the whole KOF/FF and metal slug thing got old on me after a few months. I would have loved to see a SSF2 port on it :D or even a MK2 but thats how it was..
anyhow once the saturn hit next year it was pretty much forgotten. Im really not surprised it failed- most people wouldnt have paid 1/4 the price they were charging for this "beast". I doubt i spent over $1000 on my genesis, and i owned 20+titles on that

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

700 CAN for my ps3 :D

And thid crazy psp down is about 550$

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

$2k on a console?! wow...

i guess my most expensive is $499 ps3

then again how much was the sega saturn...$399?

oh well ps3 is the best system ive bought to date, next to my ps2/ps1/psp/pc/360/snes/gensis/nes/saturn

$250 for the Xbox360 without an included game.

Outrageous I knoe.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Xbox 360 for $350 in early 08 and have absolutely no regrets. Before I've always bought consoles when they were below $200.