By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Internet Explorer 8 Beta makes VGChartz faster!

Has anyone tried the lastest update on the new Internet Explorer that Microsoft released?

I was just over my cousin house and used his desktop and opened up his IE and experienced how fast it was. I asked him why his was faster he was like he downloaded the Internet Explorer 8 Beta. I was like "wow". Guys it makes this site so much faster to load "OMG".

Here is the link to those that want to try out the lastest beta offering for Internet Explorer 8 Beta: Here

Around the Network

If you want speed, try Google Chrome. Currently, no other browser on Windows matches the speed of chrome. Plus, the process-independent tabs are great. One page can't crash the whole browser.

Oh, and Chrome interprits Javascript a few hundred times faster than IE8.

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

Well to be honest the speed I sense with IE8 beta is truly astounding and I'm enjoying ever second of the quick loading it does!

Is IE your primary browser? IE8 beta is indeed faster than IE7, but it is still far behind other browsers (mainly webkit based browsers).

I'm glad you enjoy it though, IE8 is a tad more compliant with web standards.

Good news Everyone!

I used to like safari but after I downloaded IE8 I'm staying with it
It's simply amaizing it's the best IE ever
I just can't wait fir windows 7
It seems like MS is getting there sh*t together

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Around the Network

What were you using before IE8?

It's good that Microsoft is trying to improve IE, but Google Chrome is amazing.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

@jetrii

No it isn't//lol//Firefox 3 was my primary but my cousin only uses IE on his desktop. But after seeing how fast IE was on his PC. I decided to download the beta myself and bro, it certainly is a huge improvement over IE7. I mean its slicker more designed and faster. I'm surprised how I enjoy it so much tonight.lol

I mean seriously its no where near on par with Firefox 3. I mean Firefox is by far the best browser and I will put Safari up there but Safari just has some issues when trying to get on my job corperate site & college website.

So I prefer IE8 Beta right now. I got the RC1 edition. They are just releasing the finishing touches to the community right now. They should of made it kinda a mandatory update for Windows.

thekitchensink said:
It's good that Microsoft is trying to improve IE, but Google Chrome is amazing.

Amen to that. I have it installed on a flash drive and carry with me everywhere. Last week I left my flash drive at home. Instead of going "Oh no, my work!" I went "Oh no, my browser!" 

Good news Everyone!

@Scottie

I was using Firefox 3 and Safari. I still prefer those the best against IE. But IE8 Beta has me hooked and I love it!

@thekitchensink

Exactly they are improving. I hope Windows 7 is a better OS than Vista. Vista was released to early to the public in my opinion.