By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Star Trek XII

Hey, Im not much of a trekkie, really only like the Original series and Deep Space 9.

But who heres excited for the new J.J. Abrams movie?

Around the Network

I am but it is just called Star Trek. Live long and prosper ODC!

I say bring back the original cast, including welchie

im really hopefull for the new film, im hoping its gonna be great!

Tis new Star Trek may finally make the series really popular around the world, since it seems that it will be a very good sci-fi movie with quality not seen in a couple years. The older Star Trek movies with the "next generation" characters were....quite lame to be honest.

Actually this Star trek movie, alongside Wolverine: Origins, is my most anticipated movie for the next year.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Around the Network

in terms of the films, for me its (in order of how much i like them):

1. The Wrath of Kahn
2. The Voyage Home
3. First Contact
4. The Undiscoverd Country
5. The Search For Spock
6. Nemesis
7. Insurection
8. Generations
9. The Final Frontier
10. The Motion Picture

as for the series its:

1. The Next Generation (just has the edge for me as i grew up watching it)
2. The Original Series
3. Voyager
4. Deep Space Nine
5. Enterprise (other than season 3 (which had some okish episodes), it was awful)

I like Star Trek, but put me down for having no faith in this one.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

This is going to be the second movie with the name Star Trek that I'm going to ignore entirely during it's theatrical run. The first was Nemesis.
I don't understand why some people are excited by this, it has HACK written all over it! That scene with that punk kid playing a young Kirk saying his name like it actually means something, totally bad fucking joke.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

I'll see it. But I wont be surprised if its crap.

I'll see it. I'll end up hating it.

Btw, when it comes to the series:

Next Generation
Deep Space 9
Original Series
Enterprise
Voyager