By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 on the path of The Sega Dreamcast?

I want to get peoples opinions on wether they believe the Ps3 will eventually meet the same fate the Sega Dreamcast did back in 2001...

I have a Ps3 and had a 360(sold it) great system also....since Ps3 sales numbers have been horrible in the past couple of months and Sony posting HUGE losses financially. Do you believe the Ps3 will be haulted in Production and abandoned if this year is not good for it?

Around the Network

I remember when people were saying this back in early 2007.

MontanaHatchet said:

Back than it was PS3 vs. GBA, hahah.

wouldn't it be fairer to say its closer to the GC?? comparing it to a console that only sold ten mil. thats harsh.. ps3 is fine.. i think people just want this 2 be a 2 console gen rather than a 3 console gen ..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

kutasek said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Back than it was PS3 vs. GBA, hahah.

In America sure, but the PS2 consistently outsold the 360 most weeks and even the Wii some weeks. And that was an even older system.

Around the Network

All consoles are on the same path as the Sega Dreamcast ...

The problems Sega faced with the Dreamcast that cut its life so short were much worse than Sony is facing; essentially, Sega's choice was to become a third party publisher or to go out of business.

Not this again.

No it's not and it will never be.

The Playstation brand is worth far too much to just give up and make games and/or abandoned

Microsoft failed with the Xbox1, and came back with the 360 and is currently doing amazing
Nintendo has been doing worse and worse with every new console theyve come out with since the original Nintendo, and then all of a sudden they come back and own the competition with the Wii

Sony will come back like they always do, sure not to what they were expecting but atleast not as bad as everyone might think

imo

Sony may be losing money, but they have tons of assets that they can liqidate at any time. In fact, they already are. There selling off everything like there factories and financial sevices to fund the PS3. Sega had no such luxary.

Yeah I see you guys point of view and if this thread was put up before I apologize Im new to this site as you can see by my posts lol...I just dont want to have wasted all this money on a Ps3 like I did with the Dreamcast then they stop making games for it...nonetheless I think the Ps3 will fair better if they dropped the price to 300 atleast....they would take huge losses at first but if people start buying the system at a fast rate they can make that money back...