By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KIillzone 2 SuperBowl Commercial

Whats the point? According to the PS3 fans on this site, rednecks only own Xbox 360s!

Tease.

Around the Network

LOL sony finally snap out of it and actually putting effort on marketing their games NICE!.

yes they are there siriously not trying 2 have KZ2 go through wat R2 is going through a great game with no advertisements

Good work Sony keep it up.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Squilliam said:
Whats the point? According to the PS3 fans on this site, rednecks only own Xbox 360s!

That's a lot of rednecks with high-speed internet access. :)

Around the Network

i changed my predictions already to 2.3 million

Hmm... color me skeptical. A 30-second slot this year is estimated to cost $3 million; and for this length, Sony would need a double slot. Even if they had preferred rates for advertising, it would still cost them about $5 million dollars just to run this. Given Sony's current economic state, I can't see this cost being justified. (Unless Sony thinks this one commercial could sell an additional 200K copies above normal demand, which I also doubt.) Not to mention that even putting the financials aside, I can't see Sony wasting 8 seconds of coveted time. While it's done up very convincingly, cost coupled with the commercial length means I don't think it's going to happen, at least as a traditional commercial...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Looks convincing enough.

When people say a "superbowl ad" though, do they mean an advertisment shown at the actual show?

Or does only one TV station cover the game and it's shown during the commercial break on that one station?

This cat needs information.

Btw, its not as significant as Microsoft's advertising in the superbowl.

1. There are far more Xbox 360 owners.
2. There are far more copies of NFL sold on the Xbox 360.

@CGI, It was a joke about some of the many rants PS3 fanboys made about why the Americans bought the Xbox 360 over the PS3.

Tease.

what this commercials gunna be the talk of the SHOW