By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz XBox 360 Gamerscore League - The Return

Not getting paranoid. I have no problem with the league going on the way it was. I've already stated that I don't mind how the league continues, just as long as it DOES continue. Ultimately it's NeoRatt's decision. I would however like a rule requiring people to make their MGC profile game info public.

Around the Network

I know this is kinda off topic from the whole cheating thing, but NeoRatt I got platinum in Assault Heroes last night.

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

eNamrah said:
Not getting paranoid. I have no problem with the league going on the way it was. I've already stated that I don't mind how the league continues, just as long as it DOES continue. Ultimately it's NeoRatt's decision. I would however like a rule requiring people to make their MGC profile game info public.

I like that idea...

erikers said:
I don't know what all this stuff about making less people and offline achievements is about. It seems like everybody missed the point of what my problem was before and in doing so are now making changes that will ruin the league. The league is fine the way it is and was fine the way eagleseye was running it.

The league should always be growing, if it's not adding more people each month then it's not successful in it's goal. The more people there are the more competition there is. You know how boring it would be with 50 people? I don't know what seece's determination with having less people is, but I don't think he was in the league last year, it's fine now and the more people there are the better.

There's nothing suspect about offline achievements. There's such a difference between gamesave cheating and just getting offline achievements. All you should worry about is if achievements are acquired in impossible orders. I've gotten a lot of achievements offline and even currently I've been having internet problems for the last week where I get disconnected 5 or 6 times a day for sometimes long periods. The day I'm "disqualified" from some race for not getting achievements while online is the day I leave anyways.

Eagleseye set up everything and it's perfectly fine. All you have to do is keep running it the way it was and adding people. I will never agree to stop playing a game because I'm offline or to get 80% of achievements online and there's no reason the league should be suspended for any reason. Just update it in the quickest way you can like you did before, you don't need to monitor every achievement.

Personally the only issue I've seen brought up that even deserves mentioning is not logging for a few weeks then logging in with a bunch of new points at once. Like eagleseye said, he used to have people pm him if they were going to do that. Or better yet just don't let them qualify for the weekly points.

Is this the view of other people as well?  I am open to what people are saying and I don't think it is my decision as to what rules are enforced and aren't.  I just need some vehicle to deal with the potential of cheating and offline people for extended periods...  Last week I received 92 PMs on SleepWaker.  Then another 33 PMs on LeaveLuckTo Mii...  Not to mention the thread discussions...

I didn't find much pressure on it, I just want things to be clear so it is not so much of a discussion everytime this stuff happens.  It was frustrating making rules up on the fly to deal with situations.  I simply want it to be clear what I do and do not enforce as part of the league.

What about time consuming achievements coming out of no where to win a tournament?

Is out of order offline achievements and extended offline gamers the only thing I should be dealing with?

I think the more people the more competition, 50 or less isnt going to be much of a challenge IMO.

Around the Network

I too agree with keeping it the way it is, but I thought 50 or so people would be easier for Neoratt to manage with the new rules. I have "determination" to make it 50 ... I am fine with 100+ I agree the more people the harder the challenge.

I'll mirror what Erikas said, keep it the way Eagle had it and remove anyone you think is suspect.

seece said:
I too agree with keeping it the way it is, but I thought 50 or so people would be easier for Neoratt to manage with the new rules. I have "determination" to make it 50 ... I am fine with 100+ I agree the more people the harder the challenge.

I'll mirror what Erikas said, keep it the way Eagle had it and remove anyone you think is suspect.

I have updated the rules in the first post to hopefully respect the spirit of what Shern Foo started.  Is this better?

NeoRatt said:
erikers said:
I don't know what all this stuff about making less people and offline achievements is about. It seems like everybody missed the point of what my problem was before and in doing so are now making changes that will ruin the league. The league is fine the way it is and was fine the way eagleseye was running it.

The league should always be growing, if it's not adding more people each month then it's not successful in it's goal. The more people there are the more competition there is. You know how boring it would be with 50 people? I don't know what seece's determination with having less people is, but I don't think he was in the league last year, it's fine now and the more people there are the better.

There's nothing suspect about offline achievements. There's such a difference between gamesave cheating and just getting offline achievements. All you should worry about is if achievements are acquired in impossible orders. I've gotten a lot of achievements offline and even currently I've been having internet problems for the last week where I get disconnected 5 or 6 times a day for sometimes long periods. The day I'm "disqualified" from some race for not getting achievements while online is the day I leave anyways.

Eagleseye set up everything and it's perfectly fine. All you have to do is keep running it the way it was and adding people. I will never agree to stop playing a game because I'm offline or to get 80% of achievements online and there's no reason the league should be suspended for any reason. Just update it in the quickest way you can like you did before, you don't need to monitor every achievement.

Personally the only issue I've seen brought up that even deserves mentioning is not logging for a few weeks then logging in with a bunch of new points at once. Like eagleseye said, he used to have people pm him if they were going to do that. Or better yet just don't let them qualify for the weekly points.

Is this the view of other people as well?  I am open to what people are saying and I don't think it is my decision as to what rules are enforced and aren't.  I just need some vehicle to deal with the potential of cheating and offline people for extended periods...  Last week I received 92 PMs on SleepWaker.  Then another 33 PMs on LeaveLuckTo Mii...  Not to mention the thread discussions...

I didn't find much pressure on it, I just want things to be clear so it is not so much of a discussion everytime this stuff happens.  It was frustrating making rules up on the fly to deal with situations.  I simply want it to be clear what I do and do not enforce as part of the league.

What about time consuming achievements coming out of no where to win a tournament?

Is out of order offline achievements and extended offline gamers the only thing I should be dealing with?

I knew some of this shit had something to do with me. The first thing I will do is change the privacy settings so other people can check the games (I would prefer other people could not browse my game list, but it is not worth so much trouble ). Second, I would like to say that I am ok with any kind of question regarding suspicious practices (as long as they are valid). Finally, I will say that I agree with Erikers. Less people is always bad, others cheating don`t really affect my enjoyment of the league and there is no way I will get 70% + of my achievements online.

IMO opinion the best way to know if someone is gamisaving is asking gameplay specific questions. For example, someone that got brass balls on Bioshock must have a very solid strategy and know some awesome tips. Ask me anything on my achievements and I will have a solid answer. If I got so much shit because I got 3000+ for 3 weeks worth of achievements, wait till the end of the week to see my gamerscore jump 5000+.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

This is all a shame. I just can't believe how quickly a simple allegation snowballed into the league collapsing. Well I hope it can go forward.

Would it be best if I invite everyone to re-friend VGChartz2009? Or is it best that I just let everyone request it?