By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz XBox 360 Gamerscore League - The Return

Did anyone catch the text of NeoRatt's last post at 18:49, before it disappeared? I first viewed the post about a half hour later and the text was already gone. It'll be interesting to know what he wrote. I sure hope the league is not dead. :(

Around the Network

I have stopped the gamerscore thread as there was far too much suspect gaming happening...

I looked into almost all league gamertags and it became obvious to me that the only way to fix the problem was to force online only achievements for everyone. That would make maintenance difficult for me until I automate the process...

I liked the gamerscore league and was happy with the feedback everyone was providing both in this thread and through mail, but I see no logical way of continuing at this time given that each update would require too much time to continue. It took about 2 hours every week, with the additional work it would take over 10.

Just so you know, every achievement made offline can be considered suspect to gamesaving. In my research, I found that there are ways to transfer achievements in the order they were earned.

So no more Gamerscore League

yungmagic09 said:
So no more Gamerscore League

Not unless everyone agrees to online achievements and a restart.

Oh no,  so no plat for SO4? Currently tied for 90th in the world.

In all seriousness... I respect your decision, NeoRatt. But I would gladly there at least be a league (gamesaving + offline problems and all) than no league at all. Even though the league was over 100 people, I believe less than 40% of it took it seriously. It's an unfortunate decision for the dedicated ones.

Around the Network
eNamrah said:

Oh no,  so no plat for SO4? Currently tied for 90th in the world.

In all seriousness... I respect your decision, NeoRatt. But I would gladly there at least be a league (gamesaving + offline problems and all) than no league at all. Even though the league was over 100 people, I believe less than 40% of it took it seriously. It's an unfortunate decision for the dedicated ones.

If people aggree, that the only way to receive points is to get online achievements I will put everything back together.  I'm not going to point fingers because I believe there are people that are offline with genuine achievements.  But the only way I will continue is that to get an award or points the acheivements must be 80% online.

It wouldn't be retroactive, would it? As in people wouldn't lose prior platinum awards if they didn't unlock 80% online. I have at least 1, maybe 2 games that have less than 80% online. As it currently stands, all but one of my SO4 achievements have been unlocked online.

eNamrah said:
It wouldn't be retroactive, would it? As in people wouldn't lose prior platinum awards if they didn't unlock 80% online. I have at least 1, maybe 2 games that have less than 80% online. As it currently stands, all but one of my SO4 achievements have been unlocked online.

Not retroactive.  It would take too long and is not fair to everyone to do that.

Sound good , less headache for you so if you want to be in the league then stay log on to Live. I understand it's hard for some but I can understand Neo point of view. It's already a lot of work as is to do the update (and he did a fine job), there's no need for him to have to play referee and detective to make sure folks are honest.

Well, either way I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I just want a victory and my domination of KEURQUE in the SO4 race to be documented.