By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your best old school game ?

What is your best old school game ?

Around the Network

Considering the varying definitions on what counts as old school, I'll list my favorite for each gen.

2nd gen: Missile Command
3rd gen: Wonderboy III: The Dragon's Trap
4th gen: Contra: Hard Corps
5th gen: Panzer Dragoon Saga

super mario
World or tmnt turtles in time

Sonic the Hedgehog

This Game.

Lush Gfxs, Good Dungeons, Great Bosses, Exciting OverWorld
Good Controls, Grand Music, Nifty Tunes, Cool Items, The DarkWorld
And Quality Gameplay!

Around the Network
SSSBOLIMAR said:
tmnt turtles in time

You, sir, win.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I've fallen in love with the little known NES title Wrecking Crew. Never have i had such a fascination for a puzzle game as that, even if it is brutally hard (the only actions you can do are climb ladders and break shit. No jumping, no dodging, no way to kill enemies)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

I've fallen in love with the little known NES title Wrecking Crew. Never have i had such a fascination for a puzzle game as that, even if it is brutally hard (the only actions you can do are climb ladders and break shit. No jumping, no dodging, no way to kill enemies)

I remember Wrecking Crew with Mario... that was a blast. Actually, this game was a puzzle game

Streets of Rage

I played that bitch out.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Super Metroid. Best 2d game, ever

Contra, SuperC, Contra 3 and Contra 4: Games that kick your butt and make you feel good about it