By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what game will sell the most this year(worldwide)

llewdebkram said:
I don't think you can count Wii sports as in USA and Europe it's not a free chopice to buy it or not but Wii play should be counted despite it coming with controller.

Pokemon if you count handhelds, Halo if not cuz I don't think SMG is out in all regions this year.

Whats's Nintendogs at this year so far?

Nintendogs likely doesn't have a chance. It's just over 1.3 mil in America but doesn't seem to sell in Japan anymore. Pokemon D/P has just under 4.5 mil between US/JP and it always seems to be a best selling game in any European charts we see.

Home console wise, Halo 3 seems to be the only real likely choice Galaxy might have a chance if it's released everywhere in November as sales in Japan will really help it. I also think GH3 might be a surprise contender this year with it being multiplatform from the start this time around.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network

Halo 2 was released around the same time of the year, and sold around 4.7m copies till the end of the year.

I would expect Halo3 to maybe sell a little less in the same time (lower install base, more competition) - although the first week or two may be stronger.

I will be very surprised if it sells more than 5m in '07. Then again... that is the US only. Add another 2m in Europe ??? (Halo2 only sold 1.7m in Europe - total - according to this site - thats very US biased).

Do you could multiple skews of the same game? Is Madden PS2 lumped in with Madden 360, PS3, etc...? If so - Madden is quite likely to win - the console battle anyway (the handheld one is likely to be sown up already). 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

hum I'm going with solitaire on PC..... anybody can tell me how many PC have been sold this year ??? :P

I think that Boogie has a good chance of becoming the best selling game this year and possibly the best selling game ever.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

right on wii sports sux got a wii played for a week no tis a paper weight collecting dust

Around the Network

I'm going to say Pokemon D/P followed by Halo 3 OR Mario Galaxy.

I'm throwing Mario Galaxy up there because the EU date is Nov. 16, 4 days after NA, and there's rumbligns that Japan might get it even earlier than that. Mario will easily have the entire world in a chokehold.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

If we count multiplatform I say Guitar Hero 3. I think it could enormous this holidays for all three systems play the PS2 numbers will be gross.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

cubstows said:
right on wii sports sux got a wii played for a week no tis a paper weight collecting dust

Nice trolling. Watch yourself, or you will never reach 20 posts.

@all - GH3 doesn't have a chance sorry. The market might be pretty saturated with GH2 & Rockband. No way it will sell more copies than Madden.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Pokemon DP > Super Mario Galaxy > Halo 3 > SSBB > others.

I tell you i'm right it's solitaire, minesweeper free cell and co hands down and you are all wrong :P