By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Wars OXM Preview - Some good tidbits.

Looking forward to buying this instead of Resident Evil 5 now. The whole RE 5 demo pissed me off to no end with it's shoddy controls and poor responsiveness. It went from day 1 to buying it used 3 months later to make sure capcom doesn't get money for that crap. Gonna get this and FEAR 2 when they come out, should be a good time.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network

This game sounds better and better the more I read about it.

At first I thought this was going to just be CCRA3 with the Halo theme slapped on it but I guess it is looking to turn out rather nicely.

I hope this game does good because it's the last that ensemble will be creating and i absolutely love those guys.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

i cant wait 4 this game. me and my friend both got the ce and we plan on spending the night at his house and playing co-op all night

erikers said:
Looking forward to buying this instead of Resident Evil 5 now. The whole RE 5 demo pissed me off to no end with it's shoddy controls and poor responsiveness. It went from day 1 to buying it used 3 months later to make sure capcom doesn't get money for that crap. Gonna get this and FEAR 2 when they come out, should be a good time.

I already preordered FEAR 2. Gonna get Street Fighter 4...already preordered a joystick. Need to get the Sonics Genesis Collection same day as FEAR 2. Then I plan to get Resident Evil 5 and now this is a must buy.

Thats ~300 bucks in one month for gaming. Not to mention atleast 4 hours of gaming every day.

My gf is so gonna leave me...lol

Around the Network

3 months ago I was unsure whether or not I would even buy this game just because of the difficulties of RTS on consoles, but the more I read the more certain I become that I'm going to buy it. Probably not long after release.

I am curious what Microsoft is up to. If Halo Wars is all that, wouldn't Microsoft be planning on a sequel for it, and kept Ensemble around to work on the sequel? I have a feeling like something is amiss with the game, or Microsoft doesn't believe it will really sell.

De85 said:
3 months ago I was unsure whether or not I would even buy this game just because of the difficulties of RTS on consoles, but the more I read the more certain I become that I'm going to buy it. Probably not long after release.

The demo will either sell you or make you rethink it. It's definitely worth a rental.

richardhutnik said:
I am curious what Microsoft is up to. If Halo Wars is all that, wouldn't Microsoft be planning on a sequel for it, and kept Ensemble around to work on the sequel? I have a feeling like something is amiss with the game, or Microsoft doesn't believe it will really sell.

There's no real reason to market an RTS on consoles ATM. PCs are still king in this genre. MS is smart to limit its marketing, IMHO. They are just making sure that if the sales are meh, it won't bite them in the butt.

This game is already destined to be king of console RTS games. The floodgates of RTS games will open after Halo Wars.