By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's next AAA game (90%)? Which will it be?

Seeing that PS3 has recently got another one, Killzone 2, and that it has been a long while since Wii got one, I was wondering which one will be the next. My bet is that it will be the next Zelda in 2010, unless theres another Nintendo surprise, I dont think any third party game will achieve this. What do you think?

Around the Network

madworld or the conduit, maybe a fatal frame IV american realease

The Conduit, Fatal Frame, Monster Hunter 3, Pikmin 3, DdoC, etc.

There are many possible candidates....

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

I'll say madworld has a chance, at least until Nintendo releases something. Conduit hell no, low 80%.

Definately not Disaster... averaging in the high 60's currently. I agree that Madworld has a chance.

Around the Network

I don't think Conduit or Madworld will be it. Fatal Frame IV is unlikely too, the genre just doesn't scream 90+ score.

I'd have to bet on another Nintendo game. Which one I have no idea.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Depends on what you mean by AAA.

To be honest -- the 90% review rubric was never the intent. It was an internal demarcation of a high-profile/high-budget/high-quality/high-expectation game.

http://www.gameproducer.net/2006/05/26/what-are-aaa-titles/

Using the wide definition, Mario Kart Wii would be AAA -- but not using the 90 review point criteria.

That being said, it may be til Zelda because so many reviewers like to stick it to the Wii. (A review score profile of 94-94-92-92-92-92-90-90-85-75 fails to make 90% (89.6%). And that seems to be a trend on the Wii).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Madworld will most likely be it. Also I think people are underestimating little kings story. S&P2 , and pinch will both have a small shot as well. There will be something b4 2010.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

AAA as a review scale is ridiculous.

That said, I think this year only Madworld has a shot. Next Zelda in 2010 will probably be next.

Broken Sword Directors Cut there, I said it. Only thing that can give it below 90p is that it is a remake but still it is a remake of one of the best adventure games ever made and you cant take that away from it. No mater how many Zelda re-releases there are they still get over 90p so if the world know what a good game is then this is Wiis next AAA titel.

PES 09 will be over 90%