By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metacritic Killzone 2: 9.6 based on 11 reviews

onRPG said:
As long as this game stays above 90% I am happy, reason people people have been shitting over Guerrilla past 4 years and now are being...........OWNED!

Don't count your chickens before the hatch, it still could fail......financially. :P

Around the Network

That's a great score, but GTA has a 98, and remember how that went? :P

(In other words: If it pulls a GTA IV over on everyone, there's gonna be a lot of pissed gamers.... Although I doubt that it will....)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Don't worry theres still these options (People who wanna crap on this game)

1. Sales compared to games like COD IV
2. Lack of split screen.
3. Sonys not making any money.
4. Cost of the game (see above).
5. Size of hardware boost on release.

etc.

People can just get creative!

Tease.

CGI-Quality said:
Well regardless, Killzone 2 is living up to the hype, whether naysayers want to agree or not!!!

Yeah, I agree.. Im counting down.. we're getting close to release! I'm back by the way!

Tremble said:
Well Killzone 2 has great reviews, it's a fact, now let's hope it has great sales too (at least one million week one!)

Exactly, a good number of reviews are in place to say how great it is,  now lets see some great numbers to back it up.  I am personally hoping for MGS4 numbers.  Which is around 1.7 million if I am not mistaken.  But i will be happy with 1.3+

Around the Network
Xen said:
Phrancheyez said:

Nifty...too bad, however, if you look at metacritic for Movie reviews, it completely turns you off from the site. Underworld a 45? A 45?!? You've got to be shitting me. I thought the movie was great. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button only got a 70? I strongly disagree..maybe they should get some relevent reviewers, because anyone who gives either of those movies a 50 or below fails as a critic. Hell, I say a 60 or below fails honestly.

Sorry to get off topic. I just disagree with half of what Metacritics scores say, and I can't jump on one games bandwagon over good scores because I think the game will be good when the sites they use clearly screw up half of the scores they give anything.

*EDIT*I will say, however, Bride Wars easily deserves the 24 it got..maybe lower.  I was kinda made to see the movie anyway, I just hoped it'd be a little funny or something=/  The previews showed everything that had a chance of being funny, so it wasn't.

That's what I would give it as well. Boring, monochrome POS, IMO.

I wish it had been the first movie, because I hate when sequels go back in time..the only other problem is that I already knew the story because the first 2 explain it already, but the details, the fighting, the (albeit no nudity) naked chick..I thought it was good.  Not as good as the first 2, but good.

Underworld was a bad movie.  The first few minutes were good, then it went into a terrible downward spiral.  You may not agree with that, but that does not make the opinion of multiple critics who panned it wrong.  I haven't seen Benjamin Button, but I can imagine the critics calling it Forrest Gump 2.0, and therefore not as good as some of the other more original films.

Metacritic (or Gamerankings) as a measure of quality may be flawed, but it sure beats most other ways of judging video games.  For me, these sites provide a very valueable starting point with which to begin weeding out the wheat from the chaff.  Once I have a list of potential titles to consider, I then read the high and the low reviews  for each before I make up my own mind.

Regardless of what this game get's on metacritic or any other review site, I'm still getting the game., I don't like other people making up my mind for me.

CGI-Quality said:
Well regardless, Killzone 2 is living up to the hype, whether naysayers want to agree or not!!!

Agreed that's all that really matters all the reviews so far have been very positive

im sure it will B in the 9s wen it's allsaid and done

Play Me

RPG said:
As long as this game stays above 90% I am happy, reason people people have been shitting over Guerrilla past 4 years and now are being...........OWNED!

I was thinking the same. I was very sceptic of GG.

I saw so many of these threads everywhere saying that history is just gonna repeat itself.

Well... now all those nay sayers are eating buckets of crow.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.