By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza 3 needs more than a 5GB installation

Euphoria14 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
DaGreatestHope said:
Consoles are becoming more like PCs nowadays.

After the NXE, many 360 fans began praising installations, saying it makes the game runs better.

A seemingly double standard to bash the PS3 for the same type of reason.

Personally, I dont care if the game installs or not. I can wait 5 to 20 min. no problem.

Advantages XBox360 installs:

• The Xbox360 gets quite
  • Improved load-times
  • they are optional
  • Done in 5 minutes

Disadvantages Xbox360 installs:

• none

Advantages PS3 installs

• none

Disadvantages PS3 installs

• mandatory
  • take up to 25minutes (DMC)

Bro, that is pathetic.

Faster loading when you install onto a 360 and not faster when installed on PS3? Have you played PS3 games that have optional installs? Valkyria Chronicles is one that comes to mind and Unreal Tournament III as well. Have you played PS3 at all? No, I guess you haven't.

talking about mandatory installs... And I played PS3 of course.

25 minute load times? Nice try, even better is that it is just 1 game and you make it seems like all games work that way. Better yet you put 5 minutes for 360 installs. Do you own a 360 as well? I am asking because it takes ~10 minutes easy.

Yeah I own a 360 and Fable2 was done in like 5 minutes. And I said "up to" and didn't generalise.

Advantage for 360 is that it makes it quiet? Guess what, PS3 is always quiet.

But there is an improvement for the Xbox360, nobody talked about the PS3 here. Thats why I said "Advantages Xbox360 installs"

PS3 installs can take up anywhere from 100MB~5GB on some occassions. 360 installs? 6.7~6.8GB every time.

That is true. Might add this one. Besides that Oblivion GotY edition needs 5.2 GB on the PS3

Want me to keep going or do you get the point that you are making yourself look foolish. I pretty much just shot down your incredibly weak arguments.

you had almost nothing to add, so I guess you agree with me.

Seriously, yesterday I read a thread about fanboy journalism and one point the author made was that people take any news about PS3 and try to turn it into something negative. Now we look at this, game installs, only been happening since Nov. 2006 but people still find the need to bring it up for every damn game.

Game installs are a PS3-exclusive. So what do you want to hear? That this is a great innovation made by Sony? There is a difference between saying something is bad and being a fanboy. Mandatory installs are a bad thing and when a console needs them, it is just fair to criticize. This has nothing to do with being a fanboy. MS was criticized for the RRoD and they deserved it.

Now what if we were to post RRoD thread everytime that came up? I know, we would be told to put it in the official RRoD thread or we get warned and/or banned.

There ARE RRoD threads all over the place.

Seriously... fucking pathetic.

Insults on the internet??? Now I have seen it all.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

It is so easy to figure out who here has a PS3 and who doesn't.

All you need to do is pick out those who are trying to act like PS3 installs take 20 minutes.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I must say. OP you are the MASTER OF FAIL. Not going to elaborate, because you don't deserve any good reply to you stupid, ignorant post.. You only need to know that you fail harder than anyone else.

and to see morons like you like the Monkey Island series makes me really sad...

some guy commenting against the PS3 install doesn't even have a PS3. Why, do you change your games every time, oh wait, you don't even have a PS3 LOL. Just stick with your Wii360

You're trying to say against something that isn't worthy of debating...

Jo21 said:
cheese_man said:
:O

I think it is almost time to upgrade the HD. I just used nearly 5gb on socom... :(

its 2.7gb for socom. if you mean with the update they generally overwrite files.

while the game its load screen free or fast no worries. yakuza 3 its a sandbox-kind game it was expected, and very nice graphics.

Oh yes sorry the disc version was 2.7gb install, then another something like 2-3gb on patch. My mistake :P

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
RPG said:
DirtyP2002 said:

unbeliveable spin by PS3-fans here. Mandatory installs do not make a game better. Do you think Sony would allow mandatory installs if they were not necessary? Waiting 20 minutes before you can start the game is not great either.

Think about those lucky PS3 Users with the 20GB HDD. they can actually play 3 games like this at the same time...

Indeed we all know that once the data has been installed it cannot be deleted, we also all know that a HDD for the PS3 is overpriced like the 360 ones..........

If people cannot find 20 minutes to install the game it means they are pressed for time, something which gamers never are..........as your going to spend hours playing games. :/ Make yourself some tea, biscuits and crumpets in that 20 minutes. even go to the loo if you have to but the "have to wait 20 mins" line is just bullshit.

Speak for yourself please. I'm working 60 hours a week or so, so when I want to relax and play a game I don't really feel like waiting for 20 minutes. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a job that likes playing games...

You're trying to defend stuff that's really not worth defending.   

unless you actually go out of your way to delete the installed data everytime you finish playing a game for the night, there should be no reason to wait 20 minutes everytime. most installations don't even take that long. 10 minutes is the average. the installation is a one off that can be deleted anytime, and does not affect your game saves in any way.

i'm not trying to defend the installs, but people are really making it worse than it seems. the ps3 is in its third year, surely if installs were a major problem, we would have heard a lot of voices by now?

Big whoop you have to install it

While it's doing that I'll sit on the toilet reading the latest Autotrader!

DirtyP2002 said:

Besides that Oblivion GotY edition needs 5.2 GB on the PS3

Nope, it takes less, and plus the install is silent, you play the game straight away. It's the same for Fallout 3.

Euphoria14 said:
It is so easy to figure out who here has a PS3 and who doesn't.

All you need to do is pick out those who are trying to act like PS3 installs take 20 minutes.

yep man, this thread is just for laughs. I dont know why i am trying to defent

Agreed. If you can't wait 20 mins then you...umm...fail? If you don't have anything to do while waiting 20 mins... then...well I wouldn't want to be you. :P