By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza 3 needs more than a 5GB installation

mandatory installation is the worst thing? Then what do you call RROD?

And to answer about how PS3 20gb owners can't play 3 games at the same time. Of course you can't! You can only play 1 game at a time even if you have 500gb of hardrive even on the 360.

Don't freakin exaggerate the installations. Sure they're a little annoying but it just take some minutes not a whole day. And oh yeah, you can upgrade your HDD FYI.

Around the Network
RPG said:
Mandatory installs is the best thing to ever come this generation, it means the game can be streamed faster and load times are severly decreased. Killzone 2 has no installs but they are load times and I have seen people bitch about there not being a mandatory install.

I want a gorgeous 50GB install for FFXIII, no load times at all and on one glorious 50GB blu-ray disc. ;)

Wow. Just wow.

DirtyP2002 said:

unbeliveable spin by PS3-fans here. Mandatory installs do not make a game better. Do you think Sony would allow mandatory installs if they were not necessary? Waiting 20 minutes before you can start the game is not great either.

Think about those lucky PS3 Users with the 20GB HDD. they can actually play 3 games like this at the same time...

@bolded

LOL!!! tell that to PC gamers!

And PC's are even more powerful than the PS3, aren't they?

I don't mind installs at all, I've got to do something to help fill up my 230GB after all

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Lol at mandatory installs being the best/worst thing this generation.

I've always enjoyed Yakuza, never thought of it as a AAA experience, but still enjoyable (which is better than I can say about most games these days).

Hardly the worst thing about the entire generation, MS fans are always saying that. But it is lame though, there seems to have been a decrease in mandatory installs lately so this is a surprise.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

unbeliveable spin by PS3-fans here. Mandatory installs do not make a game better. Do you think Sony would allow mandatory installs if they were not necessary? Waiting 20 minutes before you can start the game is not great either.

Think about those lucky PS3 Users with the 20GB HDD. they can actually play 3 games like this at the same time...

Indeed we all know that once the data has been installed it cannot be deleted, we also all know that a HDD for the PS3 is overpriced like the 360 ones..........

If people cannot find 20 minutes to install the game it means they are pressed for time, something which gamers never are..........as your going to spend hours playing games. :/ Make yourself some tea, biscuits and crumpets in that 20 minutes. even go to the loo if you have to but the "have to wait 20 mins" line is just bullshit.

Yakuza3 will be HUGE!

Mandatory installs are bad, yes but the Blu-Ray isn't the only one to blame, devs who don't want to optimize their game is also a reason why they're there.

As said above, not all the games need a 5 GB install.

And as far as the Xbox 360 is concerned, I find it pretty cool that you can install games on you hard drive because the DVD drive is so noisy but if you have only a 20 Gig , you can install just a few games and if you want to by a new HDD then it's so bloody expensive. You have to buy the Microsoft one and you're limited because you cannot have one over 120 GB

Consoles are becoming more like PCs nowadays.

After the NXE, many 360 fans began praising installations, saying it makes the game runs better.

A seemingly double standard to bash the PS3 for the same type of reason.

Personally, I dont care if the game installs or not. I can wait 5 to 20 min. no problem.

i had 7 installed games in my 40gb PS3 & had 17gb still free.

Now i have a 160gb HDD which i got for 70 euro