By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii60? PlayStation Army? I hate fanboyism

*DISCLAIMER: Some people have found this post to be offensive for being too stereotypical. This is an exaggeration based on observations I have seen in the gaming community. The following post is very satirical toward fanboys. Do not continue to read if you will be offended. Apologies for all that have already been offended... Some people could lighten up a bit.  Video game consoles, IMO, are not a matter of life and death.

Tonight at midnight, I'm getting my copy of Bioshock for the Xbox 360. In a couple of weeks, I'll be getting Heavenly Sword for the PlayStation 3. They both look like very good games and I'm sure I will enjoy them equally.

This fanboyism gets me tired very quickly. Sure, we all have our biases. I'll admit I prefer Sony out of the three. Microsoft, I feel, is too focused on putting Sony out of business no matter what the cost is. Nintendo, I've been a huge fan of, but the Wii has caused me to distance myself a little bit. It's going after a different market that really doesn't appeal to me that much - just my opinion. However, I am planning on buying a Wii when more of the games I want get here - SMG, SSB, MK, etc. Yes, I do know Sony probably is guaging too much on future potential and is a little ahead of the time to be cost effective.

This generation, fanboyism has definitely hit a new level. Even though I don't see it much IRL, it's definitely a bloody battle fought behind computer screens. Now it's broken into two alliances - The Wii60 crowd and the Playstation Army. Roughly 80% of fanboys are Wii60 and 20% of fanboys are PlayStation Army in the English speaking crowd. I guess the Wii60, aka. Sony Bashwagon, thing is the fact that Sony had a large advantage last generation over the other two competitors. The PlayStation Army - people who want to rebel against the mainstream is probably the motive.

Nintendo Fanboys believe graphics were very important in the GC and N64 era (especially the N64 era), and now they are all of sudden not important. Even to the point of believing that graphics means bad gameplay. A cool controller automatically means good gameplay, no matter how bad the game is.

Sony Fanboys believe graphics is extremely important. Anyone who disagrees with them is anti-technology in their prespective.

Microsoft Fanboys mission hasn't changed - HATE HATE HATE HATE Sony. Don't want to play too many of those Japanese games because Madden / Halo pwns all. For some reason, got the Wii60 non-aggression pact started with Nintendo Fanboys. I personally think it's like the Germany Russia thing at the beginning of WW2.

A fanboy conversation is a bit like this

Sony Fanboy: Bioshock sucks!!! Xbox 360 has 35% failure rate.

M$ Fanboy: You're stupid. Heavenly sword is g*y. Blu-ray is worthless!

Nintendo Fanboy: I'll agree with whatever M$ fanboy said.

Sony Fanboys: Shut Up Nintendo Fanboy, Wii is not a real next generation console.

M$ Fanboy: Hey man!! Don't insult the Wii. You go against one of us, you go against both of us.

Flame War continues...

So this thread is dedicated for people who enjoy gaming, no matter what platform. If fanboys are spending so many hours on the internet trying bash the console they hate, they could just use those hours delivering pizzas if they want the other console's games.

So yeah, F*ck fanboyism. Celebrate gaming.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o2sUuYAsjZQ - a youtube console video I agree with.

... puts on flame suit.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

I love the PS2, the Wii, and enjoy the Xbox, so I'll be part of this thread.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Finally somenone intelligent!!!!!!

Was it not the same with Playstation 2-3? During playstation 2, it was the weakest of the consoles and not many seemed to mind. Now it seems that super graphics and power is the way to go for Sony.

Anyways, where there's competition, there will be people's support, and where there's people, there is bound to be some stupidity.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

I agree wit what you're sayin, and I wish I could say that I love all systems out. IMO, I feel both PS1 and PS2 were overrated. I owned both of em at one point in time and preferred the N64 over PS1 and XBox over PS2. I haven't had a chance to really enjoy the gc, but plan on makin up for that on the Wii. My PS1 broke a few months after getting it and the only games I had interest in were Twisted Metal and Tekken. I got bored wit my PS2 so I didn't have it long. Out of all the systems I traded in at Gamestop, I regret my Gamecube the most.

Don't get me wrong, I plan on getting a 360 at the end of the year and a PS3 sometime in the future. I guess in some sense I may be a fanboy....it's more along the lines of I prefer somethin different rather then the same old GTA style games. That's why I have a Wii to provide me that. Graphics are important to a certain extent, but they don't mean as much as gameplay.

I've been reading a lot of posts on here and I definitely agree that fanboyism is at an all time high.

Around the Network

Fanboys aren't organized by any means. Plenty of MS fans bash the Wii for graphics, just as plenty of MS fans look forward to the Japanese RPGs for the 360.

Basically, your categorization of fanboys is a gross simplification and completely wrong.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
Fanboys aren't organized by any means. Plenty of MS fans bash the Wii for graphics, just as plenty of MS fans look forward to the Japanese RPGs for the 360.

Basically, your categorization of fanboys is a gross simplification and completely wrong.

This is just what I see on youtube and such.  I do know, there are exceptions.  I don't see as many M$ fans bash the Wii for graphics as Sony fans.  As I don't see too many Nintendo fans bashing Xbox for caring so much about graphics as they do PS3.

On places like TeamXbox, there is always much more hype about the next FPS or sports games than LO, BD, or ES.  We'll see in a couple of weeks when BD sales show up just how much they like RPGs.  LO will give the best indication.

On Sony forums, there is alot of hype for FPS games, but also hack and slash and jRPGs are equally as hyped. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

sieanr said:

QFT!

@FinalEvangelion 

I don't think a single PS3 fanboy has said Bioshock sucked (most have said they'll pick it up for the PC)... also I don't think any Wii users here have said or implied that they follow what MS fanboys decide.

I think you're stereotypes of fanboys on this forum are wrong and degrading... I, and I'm sure others on this forum, have had their feelings hurt by your post and we demand an apology... :p

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Fine. I apologize to any one who may be offended by this post. I gave everyone flack, so I will edit my post and put a disclaimer that there are stereotypes, etc.

I was always under the impression "Wii60" was pro Nintendo and Microsoft, not anti-Sony.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"