By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What are YOUR RE5 Sales Predictions?

Capcoms predictions for what they will sell for RE5 have been released, but I'm wondering what you guys think on numbers.  They can be anything you want, Lifetime, First Week, Opening Day, whatever.

I see it moving somewhere 3.5 million and 4.5 million Lifetime depending upon reviews.

Around the Network

I can see it doing RE4 numbers if the reviews and word of mouth are there.

It sold 1.6m on the Game Cube, and both the 360 and PS3 already have numbers around the GCN's lifetime userbase.

RE4 sold over 6m total, though nearly 2m of that was on the Wii, and may reflect "repurchases" for Wii owners upgrading to the latest version.

So I would put the floor at 4m. Ceiling at 6m. I'll split the diff and say 5m.

Same as MisterD: I'd put it at 4 million.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

2.3 million total without a Wii-version.

melbye said:
2.3 million total without a Wii-version.

seriously? Thats really low, I think co-op will be a very big selling point especially on 360 where Live is king. I see it doing 2.3 million on 360 by itself.

Around the Network

3.5 on the Xbox360

2.2 on the PS3

--> close to 6 million.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

5 million copies
i think it is going to be eclipsed a little bit by other games like halo wars, killzone and street fighter 4
but maybe im wrong

rulo_rezn0r said:
5 million copies
i think it is going to be eclipsed a little bit by other games like halo wars, killzone and street fighter 4
but maybe im wrong

yeah I'm really curious what Street Fighter IV is gonna do.  I kinda think it might underperform what many people's expectations are. 

3.8 million total - 2.0 360, 1.6 PS3, .2 PC.

Barring another release, that's about as far as I see them getting. RE4 keeps being thrown around as an example, but each successive port added more to the game and encouraged people to purchase the game again. If it's just the three announced games and nothing more, the 6 million Capcom is talking about sounds ridiculous.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

3.5 million (without a wii version release)....if they somehow made it for wii i think they would hit their goal of 5 mil

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.