By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - THe MOMENT we have been waitng for - New FFXIII English Launch TRAILER OUT!

Soriku said:
Because it's made by the KH team.

And has better designs. And has blood.

Go to your room and don't come out until you realize how ironic it is to claim Versus has better designs than anything, ever.

Around the Network

the reason people say versus is better is because a few liked that it was a emo girlish looking guy as the main versus the main game having a girl as the main character.

and then when the main game became a multiplat the rest of the fanboys all jumped on the train of versus is better because the 360 owners can't play it, its sad really

I like how every single action in the game is animated in such a stylish way. It's not just your usual boring jRPG animations. The way battles look in this game is really exciting and fresh.

irstupid said:
the reason people say versus is better is because a few liked that it was a emo girlish looking guy as the main versus the main game having a girl as the main character.

and then when the main game became a multiplat the rest of the fanboys all jumped on the train of versus is better because the 360 owners can't play it, its sad really

I only own a 360 and I think versus looks much better. Mostly because, I don't really like the mix of cheesy science-fiction (like The Matrix or The Spirit Within) with Final Fantasy.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Rei said:
I like how every single action in the game is animated in such a stylish way. It's not just your usual boring jRPG animations. The way battles look in this game is really exciting and fresh.

Being able to queue up actions for combos is actually an interesting alternative to the Gambit system - you can still set up combinations based on certain contingencies, it's just that you have to input them manually.

I hope that it becomes strategically important.

Around the Network
Godot said:
irstupid said:

I only own a 360 and I think versus looks much better. Mostly because, I don't really like the mix of cheesy science-fiction (like The Matrix or The Spirit Within) with Final Fantasy.

they are set in the same exact world, so why would that be reason.  But either way I agree with you as well, I am not too fond of this all sci-fi shit going on.  I prefer the old way where it was like a SMALL mix, where you have some things but that was it.

or else just dragonquest style of just pure ol' midevil fantasy.

Godot said:
irstupid said:

...Man they've been incorporating elements of science fiction into this series since the original. Final Fantasy IV had a spaceship. VI had steam-powered mecha!

irstupid said:

Or people actually like it it more for various more valid reasons. Examples are, the story, setting, characters, team making the game, gameplay(some people like action more), etc. Why does there have to be an outrageous reason for somebody to prefer something? People do have opinions.

sc94597 said:
irstupid said:

Or people actually like it it more for various more valid reasons. Examples are, the story, setting, characters, team making the game, gameplay(some people like action more), etc. Why does there have to be an outrageous reason for somebody to prefer something? People do have opinions.

We haven't seen any gameplay, we know next to nothing about the setting, we have no idea what the story is, and the team making the game incidentally doesn't inspire that much confidence.

People claiming Versus will be better are talking about a game that barely exists. We have no reason to make qualitative assumptions one way or another.

Nice find Darth

That vid was really cool. Good to see some gameplay as well. They might have ripped off a little from Xenosaga II

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler