By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So, who is picking up Dawn of War II Today!?!?

Downloaded the Beta last night and gave it a try. I am enjoying it, however, my computer is not. I don’t know if it is the beta server, my computer, or my internet, but I was really laggy. Maybe the full game will rectify this issue.

Please don’t laugh, but currently my best computer is an XPS M1530 laptop with a NVidia 256mb 8600, 3g RAM. I let the game auto choose the settings, but perhaps I need to bump it down a bit. Recommendations? Again, it is not a gaming rig, but I have noticed it getting increasingly more laggy lately, and I have a tune-up program I run weekly. I think I need to spring for a desktop.....again though, any recommendations would help.

I tried just going up against the comp because every time I tried to get in on a game, the person hosting the game kicked me....XD....:(. So I have pretty much kept to playing the comp, until a few more friends pick up the beta.

Around the Network

not me lol

consoles i own ps12 gba ds gc wii

How about unit caps? In DoW it was stupidly low as there were less than 10 squads. With larger maps you couldn't just defend all the points or couldn't even have enough scouts. (Or better you couldn't have scouts because you needed them for your attacking or defending army.)

So far I've only liked RTS games with a lot of resource management and big battles.

Dawnofwar II has some neat ideas (retreat of troups to heal n get reinforcements) but it's not for me. I also dislike the setting.

I hate resource management/base building, so I loved the idea of the SP. I wish they had removed it from multiplayer too, but whatever :P

I played with the Tyranids vs. one easy tyranid. I was "getting" into the game so I had my leader (my god how slow) and 2 other squads and tried to get in his base haha from there the game almost went downhill, he had like 5 squads waiting there. and looks like the AI rather lose a point than the squad. I pushed one of his squads out of a point and he waited there. I didn't go after the squad to kill them neither he tried to stop me from capturing the point.

later I'll play with the Space Marines which I at least know the units from Dawn of War

anyway, I don't think I'll buy it.. and Gears of War was really a great buy :P

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

i refuse to download or buy this because of GfwL

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

My love for Dawn of War overrides my hate for GfWL. I'll buy it, but not too close to release.

WHAT is GfwL
????

why do u hate it?

(currently dling the beta)

Time to Work !

libellule said:
WHAT is GfwL
????

why do u hate it?

games for windows live

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

libellule said:
WHAT is GfwL
????

why do u hate it?

Because it is a pile of shit. Back in the day it even required that we pay for a Live account to play online. LAWL.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835