By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Finish(MS) him(Sony)!

It would kill the 360...

- all 360 fanboys would curse under their breath about owning a "4 year console"
- Ps3 would eventually outsell the 360
- New xbox console would be priced more expensive then PS3
- All 360/PS3 developers would shift to the PS3 exclusively

Basically... IT WOULD BE THE DUMBEST THING IN THE WORLD!!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

It would completely destroy thei Xbox business. It would become the next Sega CD/32X.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

If M$ release a new console now, the only things they'd be finishing are the 360 and their 3rd party support. Get real.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

It would kill the PS3 alright. It would go like this

360 would die
720 would sell as well as all the other console brought in too early (Saturn, Dreamcast)
Without the option of releasing a PS360 version of games, devs wouldn't bother making a PS3 version, and the Wii would get most games exclusive
Therefore the PS3 would struggle even more than it currently is

axumblade said:
Unless it's a lot better than the PS3 and not over the price of PS3 then it will flop badly. Most people don't want to spend money on an expensive console. I'll maintain this until I stop hearing comments like "PS3 is so expensive" or "Ps3 needs a price cut NOW."

Well, I guess that everyone just reads the bolded text and then make up something.

From my text:

I think MS should make console that costs less and produces more than PS3. So cranking up video card and including some mem would do it.

Also it should be completely compatible with X360. They could sell same software for X360 and for next XBox. With just some patches devs could be able to crank up resolution up to full HD resolution and even achieve 60 fps.

You know or don't know that GPUs today completely rape both X360 and PS3 GPUs alone or even together. :P

These charts are a bit overkill(Resolution is way over HD and theres nice amount of AA & AF), but shows the gap between current GPUs and GPUs in X360&PS3. Of course it wouldn't need even card like best ones in those charts. (X360&PS3 GPUs are something like 7900 GTX in those charts.)

And I guess scottie is the only one who really did get the point I was trying to make. Don't know was it luck or did he really read my post. :D

Around the Network
scottie said:

360 would die
720 would sell as well as all the other console brought in too early (Saturn, Dreamcast)
Without the option of releasing a PS360 version of games, devs wouldn't bother making a PS3 version, and the Wii would get most games exclusive

So it would be a sort of a kamikaze attack on Sony?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
scottie said:

360 would die

So it would be a sort of a kamikaze attack on Sony?

Wasn't the first XBox some sort of kamikaze attack on Sony too? They did lose a lot and didn't achieve that much.

Deneidez said:

Wasn't the first XBox some sort of kamikaze attack on Sony too? They did lose a lot and didn't achieve that much.

Yes but times are different now. Microsoft has a more valuable brand, they're beating Sony and posting profits.

I think it would be pushing it to do the same trick twice. The Xbox was discontinued early due to factors outside of Microsoft's control (NVIDIA), this time I believe they'll do everything they can to keep the 360 alive.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I wonder why you want MS to finish Sony ?
It wouldn't benefit consumers in any way.

its hard to belive in a new xbox this year, specially with the actual sales, even 2010 its hard. I would say 2011, with Halo 4 as a lauch game (it will be awesome).

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation