By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you feel that you are a well known poster?

I was so much more known when I had this profile picture:

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Cactus said:

Simple question. Since you created your VGChartz account and started posting, (1) do you feel that you've garnered a reputation, whether it be good or bad? (2) Do you feel that many posters and lurkers alike would easily recgnize you? If you feel that you are not well known, what do you hope you become known for? (3) Lastly, if you were to change your avatar, do you feel that you would be forgotten?

(1) I'm pretty sure I have a reputation and a bad one at that.

(2) Probably.  I mean, my name is on all my posts.  Kind of gives it away.

(3) Considering twesterm didn't recognize me after I changed my avatar... yes.

You don't give yourself enough credit. Generally when I somehow bump into a dull thread, I'll just scroll downwards untill I see a post made by an interesting user. You're one of the people I consider interesting (in this scenario), which is actually less than 15 people in total.

PS: A reason you're not as recongizable now, is that your avatar is rather bland. It's not bad by any means, but it lacks the colour that makes to see it. Your blue and pink haired avatars were far, far easier to see on a page with many avatars. As a result, people who just scroll will have a harder time seeing your avatar. Also, you don't have any crap in your sig; that normally makes it easier to recognize avatar-changing people.

Edit:

OT:

Of course! I have 45 (fortyfive!) posts, who could possibly not know me? I have also made a staggering 0 (zero!) posts. Who can trump that?

Hey! NightDragon83 tops that (and every single other poster in the thread, but they're irrelevant).

Few people know Time Lincoln but Time Lincoln knows many

I wonder how much the average post to profile view ratio differs between males and females. I mean, it wouldn't be hard to figure out that females probably get more profile hits in relation to posts than males do, but I'm curious as to how big of a difference there really is.

Cactus said:

I wonder how much the average post to profile view ratio differs between males and females. I mean, it wouldn't be hard to figure out that females probably get more profile hits in relation to posts than males do, but I'm curious as to how big of a difference there really is.

too big. although... these 2 seem pretty even, ratio wise. but that's probably cos they have such high post counts compared to a lot of people, i dunno.

profile views:posts

amp316.. 23,056:3,310
lolita.. 21,357:2,494

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Around the Network
trashleg said:
Legend11 said:
trashleg said:
Slimebeast said:
trashleg said:
im a girl. so i think im kinda well-known, but maybe for the wrong reason?? idk. but it means there's some interest in what i have to say, i guess..

i want to be respected for being able to hold my own in an argument, having some interesting opinions and an alright games collection

Yeah, you're well known for your hot looks.

no. no no no. im becoming well-known for starting a thread. and for being friendly, right?

@Dcg1808: i've seen you around

Just being female helps.  I mean I recognized you immediately and I've probably only seen 2 or 3 of your posts.

i recognise you too, from the "show your true face" thread. you're the guy who looks exactly like his avatar!

What, the IRL face of Legend11? Cool, show us the link!

darthdevidem01 said:
I feel people know me.

many as a PS3 fanboy (not a rabid one though) & that I have created many

"insert region" sales UP

threads.

You must be kidding... I would guess that everyone on here knows you.

Me... I'm just a harmless little fluffball.

Slimebeast said:
trashleg said:
Legend11 said:
trashleg said:
Slimebeast said:
trashleg said:
im a girl. so i think im kinda well-known, but maybe for the wrong reason?? idk. but it means there's some interest in what i have to say, i guess..

i want to be respected for being able to hold my own in an argument, having some interesting opinions and an alright games collection

no. no no no. im becoming well-known for starting a thread. and for being friendly, right?

Just being female helps.  I mean I recognized you immediately and I've probably only seen 2 or 3 of your posts.

i recognise you too, from the "show your true face" thread. you're the guy who looks exactly like his avatar!

IRL? huh? but anyway..

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=7739&page=6

lol >.<

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
trashleg said:
Slimebeast said:
trashleg said:
Legend11 said:
trashleg said:
Slimebeast said:
trashleg said:

IRL? huh? but anyway..

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=7739&page=6

lol >.<

IRL=in real life

Anyway, you mean this pic?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=207509

Thats pretty cool, and it dies look exactly like Legend11's avatar lol!