By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've lost the sense of amazement when I play new games! REASON - TRAILERS!!

This though has been on my mind for a while now.

nowadays due to the internet & so on I REALLY lost the amazement I used to have of playing & starting a game.

The main REASON is NON-STOP trailers online....NON STOP pics of games posted.

I mean all my excitement and amazement goes when I see those....when I play the game everything feels as if I've seen it before.

Recently I got mirror's edge.....due to loads of trailers for it online I just felt...oh hey I'm in the bit that was shown in the trailer. Nowhere in the game felt new or something I hadn't seen (note I am on the last chapter)

But thankfully due to my disappointment with the Motorstorm PR demo I ignored the game....then was gifted it yesterday & WOW! way to kill a game's hype by releasing a demo not even representing 50% of the grfx capability.

The game AMAZED me at the tracks...landscape unlike even Motorstorm 1 (I was a motorstorm 1 trailer + any video whore) as I hadn't constantly been seeing new trailers n video reviews of Motorstorm:PR.]

In the old days...this wasn't a problem. I remember the hype I had for FF8 & I had only seen 1 trailer of it.....when I played the game it AMAZED me & felt new, fresh, not seen before. Same with MGS1.

then come 2003 we got broadband internet and that all changed.

Has something similar happened to you guys?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Just don't watch them then.

@seriousWB

but thats not possible

everytime a trailer for say KZ2 or MGS4 was released I rushed to watch them (cus of crazy hype)

in turn any WOW factor the game may hold went

thankfully most MGS4 trailers never showed more than the middle eastern environments.

too much info overload I feel is ruining gaming experiences

I watch trailers but I always skip the last 30 sec or so beacuse under those 30 sec they show way to much of the ending.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

@naum

your right

the MGS4 TGS 07 trailer showed the fight of the two metal gears

WTF why would you show one of the WOW factoring sequences of the game!

Around the Network

agreed-ish.

I agree that a normal trailer can ruin some parts of a game, but a trailer done right can build so much anticipation its crazy and the game feels magical.

See Twilgiht Princess and Smash Bros.

but trailers are necessary to know before hand if the game is good. your exagerating a little bit there, cause most of the time the best info is not told so the player can be kept in intrigue

That's why I've stopped watching videos fo Killzone 2, and why I avoided most trailers for MGS4 in 2008. I'll probably do the same thing with Final Fantasy XIII when the game is closer to release.

Same for me

My Reason : bored of videogames ?

Time to Work !

@O-D-C

I agree like the final MGS4 trailer (courage is solid) & the FF12 trailer (my what a disappointing game in comparison though)

@Soriku

hmmmmm......so do I....n when I play the game I just get a feeling of deja vu instead of feeling amazed.

like I was so hyped for SMG I saw every trailer, video review n so on......then I hardly got amazed when I went to a new planet as I felt like i'd seen it. ofcourse its still fun "playing" the damn thing.