By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've lost the sense of amazement when I play new games! REASON - TRAILERS!!

I decided not to watch anymore stuff and not read any news on GoW3, Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2.
There was one person who made a comment on Uncharted before I had played it, and didn't follow the "game must be a year old to talk freely without spoiling", so I knew there would be supernatural stuff in the game, which ruined so much of the game's story for me ;_;

Actually, I have decided to take it as far as I wont be watching any material on games I know I am getting, until after I have played them. So I was pissed when I read a thread title saying "Uncharted 2 to have portable cover" ffs >_>

Around the Network

oh hey I'm in the bit that was shown in the trailer. Nowhere in the game felt new or something I hadn't seen

Similar problems with movies. There are some movies that have three cool or funny scenes which are shown to death in trailers and you have seen anything worth seeing before the movie even started. Its worse for games because there are lots of gameplay vids on gametrailer ...

I think a common criticism of Mirror's Edge was the short and not very varied campaign and the thin story. A varied game with an exciting story will in general have better chances to survive the trailers.

Yeah, I agree. I've tried not to look too much at Starcraft 2 information for this reason.

The hype trains run too far and too fast for my taste.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Not I...When i watch a HD trailer on my pc I always think...damn.... thats going to look sweet on my hdtv. K2,SO4, and Halo Wars I can't wait...

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

SeriousWB said:
Just don't watch them then.

This.

And it is perfectly possible. Don't click, don't give in to curiosity.

Around the Network

By the way, does anyone remember the MGS2 trailers ???? and how Kojima fooled everyone by showing Snake as the lead characters in stages where RAIDen was supposed to be the hero !!! now that's how to make TRAILERS !!!!

Nowadays, i only see cinematic trailers for games (the ones that look like Cinema movie trailers) , and i see a brief gameplay chunks, but not 5-10 minutes previews or walkthroughs, cause these kills the freshness of the game once you play it.

Good thread by the way

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Rainbird said:
I decided not to watch anymore stuff and not read any news on GoW3, Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2.
There was one person who made a comment on Uncharted before I had played it, and didn't follow the "game must be a year old to talk freely without spoiling", so I knew there would be supernatural stuff in the game, which ruined so much of the game's story for me ;_;

Actually, I have decided to take it as far as I wont be watching any material on games I know I am getting, until after I have played them. So I was pissed when I read a thread title saying "Uncharted 2 to have portable cover" ffs >_>

lol and now you just spoiled that for me as i didn't know it.. I forgive you though :p

Check out my game about moles ^

SeriousWB said:
Just don't watch them then.

thats wat i do i know its hard but that's the only thing u can do i also canceled all the gaming mags i used to get

Once u get older you'll find urself limiting ur time with games naturally though

Play Me