By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just before the K2 release I had to say Uncharted is still the king of HD

Uncharted is really still possibly the best-looking game. Being able to concentrate on the PS3 and similar to God of War always very restricted environments should be key. I am really looking forward to Uncharted 2.

Man 2009 will see the biggest fight for best-looking console game between Killzone2, God of War 3, Uncharted2 and hopefully Gran Turismo 5 (and perhaps Alan Wake if the screenshots were from the 360 version) This will be an amazing year for PS3 owners ( now Sony need to lower the price if they want to have full impact from this)

Edit: Whoever mentions MGS4 should get real. It had some cool cutscenes but to compare the graphics with Uncharted is insulting. They were very detailed but washed-out and really lacking in the lighting and effects department. Japanese games ...

Around the Network

Yes, it's still the HD King. Even MGS4, Gears 2 and Mirror's Edge couldn't dethrone it.

@ staude, as I have said earlier, I think the twist was needed, but I am still not sure about zombies. I saw the Indiana Jones films which were obviously an inspiration and I thought they had rubbish twists. I think they should have kept it "real" instead of making it seem more ridiculous, but as you say, in terms of gameplay it did make a great change

Kyros said:

Man 2009 will see the biggest fight for best-looking console game between Killzone2, God of War 3, Uncharted2 and hopefully Gran Turismo 5 (and perhaps Alan Wake if the screenshots were from the 360 version) This will be an amazing year for PS3 owners ( now Sony need to lower the price if they want to have full impact from this)

You forgot to mention Heavy Rain and the Final Fantasies

well best grafix id have to go with gt5p and mgs4 or LBP.

but uncharted certainly looks damn good, the scene where drake and sully find the nazi uboat, is utterly outstanding, also id like to note, is some of the grafix in heavenly sword it also looks amazing.

i sure hope uncharted 2 adds on some kind of multiplayer experiance

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
well best grafix id have to go with gt5p and mgs4 or LBP.

but uncharted certainly looks damn good, the scene where drake and sully find the nazi uboat, is utterly outstanding, also id like to note, is some of the grafix in heavenly sword it also looks amazing.

i sure hope uncharted 2 adds on some kind of multiplayer experiance

^^^Fanboy talk right here. No mention of Gears1/2. Also LBP and Heavenly sword has better grafix than GeoW2?? PLzzz anything this guy says is rubbish. He also owns a 360 so hes probably played Geow1/2.

Mirson said:
blazinhead89 said:
@Mirson So "Amazing Water and great animations" = "Not impressed" ?

The whole game doesn't consist of water. There was also some anti-aliasing issues, the enemies didn't look great, the textures were alright, but I've seen better (Gears of War 2). Maybe the gameplay also played a factor of me not being impressed. It's so boring; all you do is shoot throughout the whole game with some platforming stuff. The only place where I had fun was when the twist occurred.

You know if you don't like platform elements and shooting..

you might not want to buy a...

Third person Shooter / Platformer. 'just Saying.

And again uncharted has the most smooth animations of any game ... Yes this includes crysis. Transitions are just so damn fucking good. Multi Threading ftw.

Check out my game about moles ^

Mvp4eVa said:
Assassin's Creed, Condemned 2: Bloodshot, BioShock, Burnout Paradise, Call of duty 4 and WW, Dark Sector, Dead Rising, Dead Space, Devil May Cry 4, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Gears of War 1&2, GRID, Prince of Persia, Soulcalibur IV, LittleBigPlanet, Grand Theft Auto IV, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Virtua Fighter 5, MotorStorm Pacific Rift. etc are all great looking games when it comes to mind..

At of all Bioshock imo is the best looking but everybody

Just tell me that you are joking about some of the games on that list .

bioshock looks good but nowhere near gears 2 or uncharted or MGS4 good

eh....I think Uncharted is beautiful and still in the top 3 but I think i'd put Gears 2 over it. I'd also have to put MGS4 in the top 3.

BenVTrigger said:
eh....I think Uncharted is beautiful and still in the top 3 but I think i'd put Gears 2 over it. I'd also have to put MGS4 in the top 3.

I think the top 3(from graphical point of view)are:

1)MGS4

2)gears 2

3)uncharted

depending on your taste the order changes

now the honorable mentions are:(ofcourse console only)

1)heavenly sword

2)gears 1

3)Gran turismo 5: P

4)ratchet and clank

5)banjo kazooi

6)call of duty 4

7)mirror's edge

8)prince of persia

9)little big planet

10)burnout paradise /motorstorm 2/Pure

11)Mass effect(many glitches)

12)resistance 2