By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - STUNNING new In-Game Scans From the RPG Of 2010 -- THe EPIC FFXIII!!

Impressive!

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
pearljammer said:
Shadowblind said:

HOLY COW

That looks amazing O_O Such a great time to be a JRPG lover! 

Blue: I agree

Red: Unfortunately, I disagree. I've been finding this the worst generation so far for JRPG's. Not bad, but not what I'm used to. There have been a few gems though.

Persona 4, Tales of Vesperia, White Knight Chronicles, The World Ends With You, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean 4, Star Ocean Second Evolution, the rereleases of the original SO and Tales of Eternia, Final Fantasies on DS, the new Dragon Quests,  FFXIII, FFXIII Versus, Agito, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, 358/242345235 days....I beg to differ with your begging to differ, uh, ness. Maybe not for all you single console goers, but for us PSWii60 owners...

Actually, I own a PSP, DS, 360 and a PS3 (and had a Wii).

Those crossed out have yet to come out, with the exception of P4 which is a PS2 game. I would throw Valkyria Chronicles in there as well as it was a fantastic game (SRPG, but I'd still include it as well as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Disgaea 3).

But that list, even including prospective games, pales in comparison to generations past. It may shape out to be pretty good in the end, but it just seems that the genre has been in decline as of late, in terms of quantity, especially, and qulaity to a certain degree.

I really hate that I'm disagreeing with you on this, but I think that's the case.

....Anyway, enough with the off-topic! It's nice that we're seeing some gameplay pics, but it'd be freat if there were some gameplay videos. I'm dying to see how it'll play.

Wow, the graphics look great. I am really waiting to see some gameplay footage real soon.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Hyperion said:
Does it look better than Killzone 2?

Technically, I would say no. Aesthetically, to me, it looks much better than Killzone 2. I would say the same about Tales of Vesperia and Valyria Chronicles as well. I loved the visuals in those games.

wowz! too bad I'll be old by 2010 lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Looks good, but I do hate the look of that guy

Munkeh111 said:

Don't hate, appreciate!!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

pearljammer said:
Shadowblind said:
pearljammer said:
Shadowblind said:

HOLY COW

That looks amazing O_O Such a great time to be a JRPG lover! 

Blue: I agree

Red: Unfortunately, I disagree. I've been finding this the worst generation so far for JRPG's. Not bad, but not what I'm used to. There have been a few gems though.

Persona 4, Tales of Vesperia, White Knight Chronicles, The World Ends With You, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean 4, Star Ocean Second Evolution, the rereleases of the original SO and Tales of Eternia, Final Fantasies on DS, the new Dragon Quests,  FFXIII, FFXIII Versus, Agito, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, 358/242345235 days....I beg to differ with your begging to differ, uh, ness. Maybe not for all you single console goers, but for us PSWii60 owners...

Actually, I own a PSP, DS, 360 and a PS3 (and had a Wii).

Those crossed out have yet to come out, with the exception of P4 which is a PS2 game. I would throw Valkyria Chronicles in there as well as it was a fantastic game (SRPG, but I'd still include it as well as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Disgaea 3).

But that list, even including prospective games pales in comparison to those generations past. It may shape out to be pretty good in the end, but it just seems that the genre has been in decline as of late, in terms of quantity, especially, and qulaity to a certain degree.

I really hate that I'm disagreeing with you on this, but I think that's the case.

....Anyway, enough with the off-topic! It's nice that we're seeing some gameplay pics, but it'd be freat if there were some gameplay videos. I'm dying to see how it'll play.

The problem is that Japanese developers have a dated development method with their games.  Also, I blame the gamers in Japan as they tend to prefer tradition over innovation.  Most JRPGs play just a tend too similar to each other with exceptions like Persona 4 and TWEWY.

I like the baby chocobo pics :D

Pristine20 said:
Munkeh111 said:

Don't hate, appreciate!!

He will be the next Kimarhi for me, he will be thrust into my back party as soon as possible and never used, afros and final fantasies don't go together for me. (Though of course there will be a trophy making me max him out....)