By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Stroked only possible on 360!

Feylic said:
Baggins said:
Feylic said:
How is it only possible on 360?

How is it possible you ask this? Do you only read thread titles?

Do you?..

"

Stoked is an open world snowboarding game coming from developers Bongfish Gmbh in collaboration with renowned snowboarding movie creator Absinthe Films. TheGameReviews.com was lucky enough to sit down and talk with Tony Chiodo, a producer working on Stoked. Among many things discussed, one question we were eager to have answered, was about why they have chosen to keep the game exclusive to the Xbox 360.

The Xbox 360 platform was viewed as the perfect platform for Stoked given the console’s rich graphical capabilities and the strong multiplayer community on Xbox Live. The popularity of the Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE continues to grow, which is exciting to us.”

Ease of development and connectivity with Xbox Live is the reason many developers this generation choose Xbox 360 out of the two power machines available
.The question is: will this continue to be a trend? Will smaller development houses opt to create Xbox 360 games exclusively due to it being the cheaper, and at the moment, most popular out of the HD machines? (I bet Kaz is creaming his pants now)

To say the least, Stoked looks and sounds like it could very well be an impressive snowboarding game with its massive open world mountains and its seamless transition to multiplayer all adding to an impressive list of features.

Chiodo also mentioned that there’s a chance we might see a demo for Stoked show up on the Xbox Live Marketplace sometime soon.

“Everyone is really hard at work right now trying to finish up and game; we hope to have a demo on Xbox LIVE if there is time."

/cross fingers

In the meantime, make sure you check out our full interview with Tony to learn all you need to know about Stoked right here at TheGamerReviews.com."

Where in the article do you see anywhere that it says Stroked is only possible on the 360. I see where it says the developers chose to make it on the 360.

It's called "reading between the lines" and "parody thread".

I comment was a joke "do you only read the thread title"...lol

Around the Network

"Anything 360 can do, PS3 can do better" had to say it.

Seriously though PS3 can make a game better if the developers are good. 360 is easier to develop for though so crappy developers only can make games for 360.

LIVE, cheaper developement, and more 360 popularity does make it "only possible on 360".

This will hopefully be a nice 09 exclusive.

seece said:
megaman2 said:
is this a tactic used to hinder Killzone 2's astonishing graphics? only time will tell my friends

Dude this thread could not be further away from Killzone 2 ....

Hurry up and get banned again you're fucking annoying.

wow so angry

coolestguyever said:
"Anything 360 can do, PS3 can do better" had to say it.

Seriously though PS3 can make a game better if the developers are good. 360 is easier to develop for though so crappy developers only can make games for 360.

Get me devkit for both platform and I can make you program for X360 that does something you cannot do on PS3 and otherway around. As a bonus I can make you program for PC you cannot run properly on both of HD consoles and even PCs from early 2000 can run properly(And probably original Xbox too...). :)