By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Cost Breakdown, Aug issue Electronic Product.

Well, I'll take people's word for it, since I refuse to sign in to some sites.

I do doubt a price cut sooner, unless Blu-Ray and game sales are to the point where they are quite happy with that income and are willing to take a 200 dollar potential loss because it will be recoupped in some 200 dollars worth of game and movie sales and royalties? It's a difficult position to be in.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

The last chance for the ps3 to actually have a "chance" of getting 1st place, is if the ps3 is at $399.99 during killzone 2, mgs4, LBP, and GT5, and GTA 4's releases.

mM

Good news, this will help sony, and im glad, cause i was worried for a while

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Then 1st place might be secured if you think that leo-j.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Big improvement from the launch situation. They're doing a good job.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
Sqrl said:

WTH, they are claiming $45 for a HD????

80GB HD = $37 to $44

I expect sony to be getting far better rates than average consumers on those. Am I missing something here?

2.5 vs 3.5
Ps3 uses a lappy hdd.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

ceres said:
Sqrl said:

80GB HD = $37 to $44

I expect sony to be getting far better rates than average consumers on those. Am I missing something here?

2.5 vs 3.5
Ps3 uses a lappy hdd.

That definitely helps, but it still seems a bit high to me ....

Maybe I just have completely unrealistic expectations but I would expect them to pay 10-15 for normal drives and 20-25 for laptop drives.  

Bah whatever, not like there is any way to know for sure, it just stood out as a little wierd to me.  Maybe sony is making a bit of cash and just doesn't want to tell us, nothing we can do about it either way... 

To Each Man, Responsibility
jhlennon1 said:
That means they are making money on the consoles sold in Europe since the EU transfer rate is higher then $640 US dollars.

The loss in Japan though is still more then $40-$140 since they have the PS3's the cheapest.

No they arent, 20% of UK price is VAT.

Hus said:
jhlennon1 said:
That means they are making money on the consoles sold in Europe since the EU transfer rate is higher then $640 US dollars.

The loss in Japan though is still more then $40-$140 since they have the PS3's the cheapest.

No they arent, 20% of UK price is VAT.

I was wondering about this. I expect Sony has to pay more to get the console into EU, which is why ALL consoles costs decidely more in EU.

Hus, do you know if the cost breakdown includes the controllers and cables that come with the console?

Sqrl said:
ceres said:
Sqrl said:

80GB HD = $37 to $44

2.5 vs 3.5
Ps3 uses a lappy hdd.

That definitely helps, but it still seems a bit high to me ....

Maybe I just have completely unrealistic expectations but I would expect them to pay 10-15 for normal drives and 20-25 for laptop drives.

Bah whatever, not like there is any way to know for sure, it just stood out as a little wierd to me. Maybe sony is making a bit of cash and just doesn't want to tell us, nothing we can do about it either way...

You have unreasonable expecations. Lower prices happen because of two reasons - huge orders and lowered costs due to supply chain. That accounts for usually around 10-20 dollars at the most when you are very close to the general market selling cost, such as the market is for lower capacity hard drives.

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod